Apparently Dokken is legal now?

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Democracy is over unless the people come out in droves that is undeniable for biden to win this fall

GOP has secretaries of state in a lot of these key swing states. They will try the false electors BS again or something like it.> It will go to the SCOTUS> SCOTUS will rule in trump's favor

Trump then wins> SCOTUS kills term limits due to their BS "originalist" philosophy that they only use when it suits them> term limits weren't there originally > SCOTUS kills term limits> We then have trump as president until he croaks and then then Lord knows what comes next. Probably something even worse.

I'm betting a dollar something like that goes down though unless Biden wins by such a huge margin that no state can deny it.

Also that bump stock ban reversal was no coincidence on the timing. Some shit's going to go down in some battleground states.

It's like it's all out there in the open now and no one's calling it out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I strongly disagree. Everyone has been calling it out the entire time, it's just that anyone who has the power to do anything about it has a strong monetary incentive to not do so
oh I meant in the mainstream media.

the left leaning ones do a bit, but not as much as they should and the more center ones still try to both sides this crap. The right wing ones are obviously all for it.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
not going to worry about it
I'm not in the US at all, but this stuff has knock-on effects everywhere. Ninja'd by everyone else already - Conservatives are just Republicans Lite, even going as far as occasionally spouting American laws and principles as if they forgot it's a different country. I think some Americans don't realize how much of their political media we consume.

Whenever the American right gets riled up, so does the Canadian right. Even the Quebec nationalists have been bolstered by this kind of stuff - there's more and more separatism sentiment bubbling to the surface - it's always been there, but the legit xenophobia behind it shows its face much more plainly now.

Last edited:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm not in the US at all, but this stuff has knock-on effects everywhere. Ninja'd by everyone else already - Conservatives are just Republicans Lite, even going as far as occasionally spouting American laws and principles as if they forgot it's a different country. I think some American's don't realize how much of their political media we consume.

Whenever the American right gets riled up, so does the Canadian right. Even the Quebec nationalists have been bolstered by this kind of stuff - there's more and more separatism sentiment bubbling to the surface - it's always been there, but the legit xenophobia behind it shows its face much more plainly now.
right wing parties around the world are just watching to see how the GOP pulls this off, and then they'll follow the same playbook yeah

zappatton2

Reaction score
I will say that it's refreshing to be able to vent on this stuff again, I really miss the Politics thread. I swear this is the only place on the internet where I see discussions that are relatively civil and rational (for the most part) that don't instantly devolve into racism and all-caps name-calling.

But yeah, Canada has a less politicized justice system, and what I feel by default are more systemic checks on an elected government gone rogue, but the Cons here are riding the same populist wave. And we have the "notwithstanding clause", a handy little poison pill for ruling governments to get around fundamental Charter rights.

I'm also paying a fair bit of attention to what's going on across Europe right now. The world just seems very disconcerting ATM.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I do think it's a pretty glaring indictment of a failing system that the power of the judicial branch seems to have crept substantially.
Not sure what can be done about it without really going in on the Constitution, and most proposed solutions I've heard sound bad; but it does feel like we need to do something.

I will say that it's refreshing to be able to vent on this stuff again, I really miss the Politics thread. I swear this is the only place on the internet where I see discussions that are relatively civil and rational (for the most part) that don't instantly devolve into racism and all-caps name-calling.
I don't know what you're talking about this is not a thread about current events™ we're talking about the Nixon administration.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Can we have Nixon back?

Sure thing.

2cac9a96-7267-4399-a2e3-59b7c89fd9b9.jpg

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I really miss the Politics thread. I swear this is the only place on the internet where I see discussions that are relatively civil and rational (for the most part) that don't instantly devolve into racism and all-caps name-calling.
Do you ever wonder if it's in part just because being a forum means we're not inundated with weird bots and stuff like every other platform is? As time goes on, I'm more and more convinced there might be some merit to the dead internet theory.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Do you ever wonder if it's in part just because being a forum means we're not inundated with weird bots and stuff like every other platform is? As time goes on, I'm more and more convinced there might be some merit to the dead internet theory.

I think it's because it's the primary focus for....none of us. We're all here for guitars. Compared to a lot of people on social media that consider political shitposting a personality trait.
I also think that musicians, especially technically minded musicians, tend to be somewhat humble people, because we all know that no matter how good you are or think you are, there's another guy that will absolutely embarass you; so we've all conditioned ourselves to more or less respect the general capability of other people. Which, I think, translates to a higher tendency to accept that someone might know / understand something better than you, and nudges you to be more charitable in entertaining another's position. :2c:

But yes, the lack of bots also has to be a tremendous help. Not to mention being able to actually recognize people, that's gotta be huge.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I swear this is the only place on the internet where I see discussions that are relatively civil and rational (for the most part) that don't instantly devolve into racism and all-caps name-calling.
Once this place gets a "feed", I'm out. 50% of humanity's current problems is that "the feed" is designed to bring the worst out of us.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Once this place gets a "feed", I'm out.
We've had a "new posts" button the whole time. 99% of the time I spend on the forum is bouncing between "new posts" and "watched threads". Also, the "latest posts" box on the right. But yeah, it's "the algorithm" that we don't have. Thank jeebus.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
We've had a "new posts" button the whole time. 99% of the time I spend on the forum is bouncing between "new posts" and "watched threads". Also, the "latest posts" box on the right. But yeah, it's "the algorithm" that we don't have. Thank jeebus.
Even doing some low-level, like English lit BA studies nonsense, the very word "feed" is incredible. Here's your slop, your feed, eat it up you sniveling worms. Come back every 15 minutes for your feed. Consume your feed while you sit on the toilet, let it keep you up so you don't sleep. Ok I'm done.