April 7th (Corelia/Haunted Shores-esq, Strat, Legion, SD2, shitloads of triplets)

• Thread starter C2Aye
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Now that I've gotten my urge to record core breakdowns out of me, I can return to service as usual. Except I started listening to too much Corelia, if that's even possible. And using far too many triplets.

April 7th (Clip) by Sithu Aye on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I'll probably try to make this a full song in the future. And sorry to Plini for using your naming thing for clips you put up, I couldn't think of anything else to call it :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nialzzz

The Perseus Veil
Reaction score
i was gonna post up a track a threw together, i think i might pass.

makeitreign

on dem hoes
Reaction score
Hey man, just out of curiosity, what are you using for recording/mixing?
I've been trying to do more than just record for my own use, and actually want to start putting things out to show other people. The reason I'm asking is because I want it to sound as professional as possible, but not overproduced; like yours.
If its important, I use podfarm and reaper, butt I don't know where to begin with anything else.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
yeah my legal team is coming for you bro, cos i INVENTED the calendar

this is so awesome dude, but i lolled at the lick at :57 (the slightly chromaticised major arpeggio), cos chris from corelia does it in his lead playing, you do it in Skye and i think other songs of yours, and i am recording a riff right now that has it :lol:

Volteau

the Bard
Reaction score
Very nice! No secret I love your stuff. And your producing is insane as always. And man, sounds so... you. Twanged Djent? :D

wasteband

Reaction score
Great stuff man, awesome tune! Are you still using the same settings as your other stuff? it sounds very much like it but it just sounds like something is a bit tweaked, i dont know :p

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
i was gonna post up a track a threw together, i think i might pass.

Nah man, go for it. Don't mind me :)

Hey man, just out of curiosity, what are you using for recording/mixing?
I've been trying to do more than just record for my own use, and actually want to start putting things out to show other people. The reason I'm asking is because I want it to sound as professional as possible, but not overproduced; like yours.
If its important, I use podfarm and reaper, butt I don't know where to begin with anything else.

If you'd like any help with mixing and recording, send me a PM and I can try help you out. Just want to keep this thread mostly on topic. Otherwise, try searching the forum and posting a thread if you can't find what you need!

yeah my legal team is coming for you bro, cos i INVENTED the calendar

this is so awesome dude, but i lolled at the lick at :57 (the slightly chromaticised major arpeggio), cos chris from corelia does it in his lead playing, you do it in Skye and i think other songs of yours, and i am recording a riff right now that has it :lol:

Legal battle of the century ensues :lol:

Cheers man, and yeah, I kinda use that lick too much! And I stole it from John Petrucci initially! Saw him use it on G3 Tokyo and I just stuck with it as a go-to riff since then :)

Very nice! No secret I love your stuff. And your producing is insane as always. And man, sounds so... you. Twanged Djent? :D

It's no secret that I think you're a fucking genius. :yesway:

Great stuff again mate!

"Sithu Aye, Love that shit!"

Thanks you guys, you are all awesome :wub:

Great stuff man, awesome tune! Are you still using the same settings as your other stuff? it sounds very much like it but it just sounds like something is a bit tweaked, i dont know :p

Thanks man. Yeah, all my settings are the same, nothing is tweaked. The only thing that's different is that I used my brothers £50 bass instead of his £500 one :D

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
Dude your compositions make so much sex dude! I don't think you're capable of making bad sounds.

Ardez

ThePolarBearBrawler
Reaction score
Everything you do is just so fucking magical. I love your work man, I really do.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
Cheers man, and yeah, I kinda use that lick too much! And I stole it from John Petrucci initially! Saw him use it on G3 Tokyo and I just stuck with it as a go-to riff since then :)

shittttt what track? thats probably where we all got it from then haha

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Dude your compositions make so much sex dude! I don't think you're capable of making bad sounds.

Everything you do is just so fucking magical. I love your work man, I really do.

Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate it :wub:

shittttt what track? thats probably where we all got it from then haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mntRIb0wa9A&t=4m32s

The lick Petrucci plays at 4:32 to 4:34 is where it all started for me and my overusage of that phrase/lick, as well as the slide from the flat 2nd to the 2nd. In the case of this clip and on Skye, I play it backwards but still, that's probably an easy thing to change :lol:

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Just bumping to say that I had this posted on the Andy Sneap forums and of course, no one replied at first and I had to bump the thread. And then this is the first reply I got:

sounds like a total mess, very little separation between instruments.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but really? Anyway, I asked him politely how he came to this conclusion because it would interesting to hear his reasoning and if there's something he's hearing that I could improve on. Anyone of you guys hearing what he's hearing? Cheers.

')