Arch Echo - Happiest Prog Metal Ever

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
A quick search turned up no threads talking about these guys. I think they need some serious love going. I just found out about them, and oh my god it's like a lovechild of Dream Theater, CHON, and Super Mario. And they're all so freaking happy, too! Like you can tell these guys genuinely enjoy the music they're performing.

Really eager to see where these guys go, I think they've got a fantastic musical identity.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Just played with these dudes a month or so ago. Super tight band, very well produced album, and pretty nice dudes. Could definitely tell they haven't been out much, given how long of a set-up was required, but I guess some people get started on the road. Unfortunately, this album does not have the replay value that CHON does for me. You can tell all of these guys are very well-educated musically, and after a few listens I found myself feeling like the music, though "lively" was also very sterile.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
That was really cool yeah the keyboardist slays

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
Like it! That Rafowitz guy sure knows how to play them guitarz. But you can do what you want - playing a keyboard will never look heavy... :nono:

Buthter

Peasant
Reaction score
I feel like happy prog metal is becoming way more prevalent. Artists like Arch Echo, Intervals, Polyphia, Sithu Aye, and Plini seem to be getting more and more popular. Personally, I like bands that mix it up a bit and try to cover multiple different moods in the same album. I know they're not usually classified as prog, but I think ABR does a pretty good job of that.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I agree that the joy with which they play and perform is a big part of this. Enjoyed, thanks.

Latest posts