Are there any classic Dream Theater fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

:D
EDIT: I accidentally cut out half of my reply. :rofl:

I really like WDADU. Some of my favorite guitar work by Petrucci, and Charlie has a vocal style that reminds me of Geddy Lee.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Avid fan of everything they have ever released checking in! :D

Images and words cops a massive amount of play time from me

Justin7

Reaction score
Have you heard Killing Hand live at the Marquee? The vocal break in the second half of the song.... :bowdown:

Justin7

Reaction score
Have you heard Killing Hand live at the Marquee? The vocal break in the second half of the song.... :bowdown:

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
*raises hand*

While I dig their heavy stuff, it's the non-metal songs they do I like the best. Trial of Tears, Learning to Live, Lines in the Sand, Breaking All Illusions. Basically the long, dynamic songs with meaningful lyrics. Also really dig the poppy songs that prognerds tend to dismiss and detractors tend to ignore completely because they refuse to admit that technical musicians can write good pop. Hollow Years, Lifting Shadows off a Dream, Anna Lee, I Walk Beside You, This is the Life and a bunch of others. It's all good.

Justin7

Reaction score
*raises hand*

While I dig their heavy stuff, it's the non-metal songs they do I like the best. Trial of Tears, Learning to Live, Lines in the Sand, Breaking All Illusions. Basically the long, dynamic songs with meaningful lyrics. Also really dig the poppy songs that prognerds tend to dismiss and detractors tend to ignore completely because they refuse to admit that technical musicians can write good pop. Hollow Years, Lifting Shadows off a Dream, Anna Lee, I Walk Beside You, This is the Life and a bunch of others. It's all good.
:bowdown: Lifting Shadows is moving

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score

Best moment in the history of music, MOTHERFUCKING PERIOD :squint: .

srlsly, I never saw someone having so much joy while playing, I miss this phrasing of Petrucci so much, I digged a lot the riffs in the last album, but the solos where the biggest dissapointment I ever had in a DT album :ugh: , nothing memorable or inspiring to learn :(

and every time I listen to Labrie singing in Marquee or Tokio and then in Budokan or Chaos in Motion I want to :wallbash: my head .....

troyguitar

Reaction score
Images and Words is my favorite CD from them and Surrounded is possibly my favorite song, the heavy shit doesn't do as much for me. No surprise there though, I don't really care for heavy shit in general.

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
Im a huge fan of space dyed vest and caught in a web. Actually i think im just a huge fan of awake altogether :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Another one of my favorite classic DT songs.

I've never heard a song so emotional yet joyful at the same time.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Big props for mentioning "Space Dye Vest" - Kevin Moore wrote that whole song, though.

My favorite albums are "Images and Words" and "Scenes From a Memory" - those albums are fucking AMAZING. I don't care for the new albums.

Tranquilliser

Reaction score
Metropolis Part 2, and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence and the song Octavarium.
That is all I will ever need from DT.
They're the best things they've put out imo, and man, they're all amazing.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Awake is my favorite album, next to SFAM, so yeah, definitely.

I'm really not fond of much after Train Of Thought, and while I loved that album when it came out, I haven't listened to it in quite some time.

I was such a fanboy for years for that band....hardcore DT junkie.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Big props for mentioning "Space Dye Vest" - Kevin Moore wrote that whole song, though.

My favorite albums are "Images and Words" and "Scenes From a Memory" - those albums are fucking AMAZING. I don't care for the new albums.

I love the shit out of Space Dye Vest.

Mellow Dream Theater is BEST Dream Theater in my book. Yeah I get a kick out of their heavier shit, but when one can lay back, pop in anything from Images and Words *My favorite* to Scenes from a Memory *second favorite* it just doesn't get better than that.

Alimination

Space Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh yeahh, early DT is hands down their best era.

My favorite songs of theirs are Fortune in lies, Status Seeker, Eve and Don't look past me.

(I also like pretty much all of Images through change of seasons)

MatthewK

Reaction score
Images and Words and Awake are pretty much the extent of my Dream Theater listening. Somehow I own a lot of their shit though. Wait for Sleep and Space Dye Vest are my favorite songs... and the Wait for Sleep part of Learning to Live. I suppose I'm more a Kevin Moore fan than a Dream Theater fan. But I've never gotten into Kevin's solo stuff, OSI is pretty cool though.

ChrisRushing

Fretboard Acrobat
Reaction score
Images and Words is the only DT record that I actually own. I have never been compelled to buy or repeat listen anything else by them.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
I haven't liked a Dream Theater album since SFAM, so I fall into this category as well.

favorite song

')