are there any good PS4 games for offline single player gaming?

• Thread starter Santuzzo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I was asking a similar question in the SW Battlefront 2 thread, but figured it might be a good idea to post a new thread about this:

I see the whole multiplayer/online gaming is where most PS4 games seem to be designed for these days, so I was wondering if there are any cool games that are also worthwhile getting for offline/single player mode?

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Persona 5
NieR:Automata
Yazuka 0 and Kuwami (and soon 6)
The Last of Us Remastered
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Ratchet and Clank
Hitman: Season 1
Resident Evil 7: biohazard
Assassins Creed: Origins
Skyrim
Shadows of the Colossus
Nioh
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

And this is just looking at my physical collection. Didn’t even look at what I have digitally.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve very into story driven games. I’ll play some multiplayer (Borderlands 2, Destiny 2, Monster Hunter: World, and Overwatch primarily), but give me something with an epic story over a multiplayer any day. Pretty much why, as I’ve stated in numerous posts, two of my favorite games of all time are Final Fantady VII and Persona 5, and I’m playing through games like Star Ocean, NieR:Automata, Yakuza 0 primarily right now.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Thanks, man!
I am glad to hear there are still good games for single player offline gaming. I want to get some new game(s) and your suggestions are much appreciated!

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Dark Souls 1-3 (one is being remastered this spring)
Bloodborne
The Witcher 3
Persona 5
Fallout 4
Skyrim
Doom
FF15
FF14 - even though it’s an MMO, it’s has an amazing single-player story. The game has options to auto-join for dungeons (if MMO’s are your thing)
Wolfenstein- single player shooter. Hilariously over the top
Metro/Redux - dual pack single player FPS takes place in bombed out Russian train systems
Nioh- it’s dark souls in feudal Japan, and excellently crafted

Santuzzo

Reaction score
thanks a lot for all the suggestions.
I'm going to order some new game(s).

on a related note: Is it possible to play a two-player game online with a friend without having a PSN+ subscription?

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Witcher 3 is absolutely amazing, Horizon: Zero Dawn has been fun, and if you own a playstation, you're missing an amazing game if you pass up The Last of Us.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
awesome! thanks, I added that to my order :)

I don't remember much about B2, but Bioshock Infinite is also a big mindfuck story-wise, and visual wise it's just gorgeous; especially in contrast to Rapture (the setting for B1)

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Another vote for the entire BioShock series....phenomenal games and Infinite ties in amazingly well to the other two. By the end of Infinite you're totally mind-fucked by how it all connects.

I'll also say RE 7 was really, really good. Ignore the ridiculous fanboys that say it's trash; it's awesome and reminded me a lot of the original RE. Speaking of which, the Resident Evil remake (called REMake by RE fans) on PS4 is fantastic. I think you can pick it up on the PS Store for like 20 bucks.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll also say RE 7 was really, really good. Ignore the ridiculous fanboys that say it's trash; it's awesome and reminded me a lot of the original RE.

I refuse to play RE 7 alone at night... which might be why I’m still trying to beat it.

mongey

Reaction score
bio shock is awesome . well 1 and infinite are. 2 was ok .don't remember much about it

if you like a challenge bloodborne is amazing. best ps4 exclusive to date IMHO

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
The last few years have been very good with single player games.

While the Dark Souls trilogy (and counting Bloodborne because that's From Software's shtick) has multiplayer, it certainly stands on it's own as single player. And one of the best ways of story telling with minimalism allowing the lore and exploration to sink the player in.

Regarding the Bioshocks, 1 and Infinite are great for different reasons, but both are great story driven FPS games (coming from somebody who has sworn off FPS games for ages). 2 doesn't count for me. :lol:

I thought the Just Cause games (namely 2 and 3) were awesome dumb fun sandbox games. Speaking of sandbox, the Saints Row series are my favorites (namely from 2-4). I prefer them to any of the GTAs for their sheer audacity and not taking themselves too seriously. Give them a chance if you haven't yet.

Last year a great year for games. Resident Evil 7, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Cuphead, Yakuza 0, all great single player games.

Also Undertale is pretty awesome.

Latest posts