Are there any sweet bass amp sim plugins?

• Thread starter BenEllerGuitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
I just got the Lepou amp plugins along with with LeCab and the Gods Cab impulses! I am floored by how fucking great these sound! Now I need something to make my bass sound great. What are some good bass amp sims? And I assume I need different impulses for a bass amp, right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Narrillnezzurh

Sir Clipsalot
Reaction score
I like to use Guitar Rig 5 with the RedWirez Ampeg IRs, but you can get good results with just a DI and a guitar amp sim.

Radau

Bongoloid
Reaction score
I know Markbass had one but you're probably better off going DI
/Edit
I forgot TSE BOD! It's awesome

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
awesome!!! thanks guys! Is there anything that is like a Sansamp plugin? Love that dirt you can get off of those.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Waves CLA Bass sound amazing on DI'd bass, even though it's a mixing plugin moreso than an amp sim.

aturaya

Reaction score
B.O.D 2.0 is amazing and honestly is pretty much all you need for metal bass tones, but if you want to use an actual amp try out SHB-1 from Audio Plug-Ins. Just download some impulses of bass cabs from somewhere. Or grab Pod Farm, it's got a pretty good sansamp on it and the amps are pretty good too.

dax21

Reaction score
Mokafix NoAmp is also worth looking into, it's basicaly a Tech 21 GT2 sim which works pretty good on bass like it's real-life counterpart (think Nightwish bass tone).
If you got pod farm try running Sansamp sim and Rat ("classic distortion" iirc) in parallel (dual) setup but turn the drive on Rat almost all the way down, just on the verge of drive and roll the tone knob on and crank the Sansamp's drive up instead. They compliment each other pretty well IMHO.

Edit: Nevermind, I just presumed that you were into dirt tones since the guys recommended BOD a few posts above.

ihunda

Reaction score
Native instrument guitar rig pro has nice bass heads emulation, SVT Pro and Bass man, good cabs and effects too. It's not free but not very expensive either and you can try a demo.
NATIVE INSTRUMENTS

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
I use Ampeg Svt with a parallel track of Metal Amp Room for distortion on all of my stuff hen I don't feel like reamping with the axe-fx II.

')