Are these necks legit or knock offs?

broj15

Reaction score
So i was looking on ebay to see if anyone had the neck from an rgd7321 that will be used as a potential project when i came across this listing:

NEW!2011 IBANEZ RGD7321 7-strings Neck "JustEXPReS ShippiNG" | eBay

The pictures look legit but i started to worry when it said that they were "stock pictures." I became even more worried when i noticed it was from indonesia. So i need all you ibby aficionados to help me figure out if this is indeed a real neck from a real rgd7321 or ifs it's another chibanez knock off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Isan

Contributor
Reaction score
Those are the real deal it looks. Probably just stolen from the factory in Indonesia.

broj15

Reaction score
this is not me trying to be an asshole or anything, and i do thank you for the reply, but how can you tell they are real? It looks like the nut is a little fucked up in the picture so i figured maybe they were kind of like b stock that an employee was trying to sell.

AK DRAGON

Guitar Popcicle
Reaction score
Might be factory rejects as the nut looks to be chewed.
I'm willing to bet that Ibanez advised to destroy them and someone is selling them off for profit or cut factory losses

broj15

Reaction score
In that case, morals aside, would it be a good idea to buy one of these or would i more than likely get burned?

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
If memory serves Valkkio used one of these factory backdoor necks for his mash-up. I don't see anything wrong with it. Better that they'll be used for some guy's project than and up in the chipper. Waste of good woods if you ask me.

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
I bought an unfitted zr 7 trem from that seller about 2 years ago, nothing wrong with it, iirc they just save the good parts or resulting overstock from qc faliures and sell them, the neck on an s7320 was snapped when it was dropped on the shop floor which was why the boby and trem perts were for sale at the time.
also postage to me in the uk was about 10 days.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Maybe he bought them from the factory for cheap and is re-selling them?

Either way, I need to stop myself from getting that RGD7 neck and starting a 26.5" 7 string project......

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Well to be fair I have never seen a 7321 with those inlays... I would be cautious.

Might wanna look a little more. ;)

RGD7321BKF.gif

EDIT:
:ninja:

jl-austin

Reaction score
The question is, who would buy them?
That neck is for only one guitar. I am not sure what kind of intonation problems you would have if you put that on a normal RG.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I wouldn't make that conclusion without measuring, honestly. It's very possible that it could be a good made for an RG7321 body.

broj15

Reaction score
Oh i was planning to build an rgd style body from scratch using mahogany and then swirling it. It would definetely not be going on a normal rg body.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
The question is, who would buy them?
That neck is for only one guitar. I am not sure what kind of intonation problems you would have if you put that on a normal RG.

Well isn't that all the more reason to use it as a replacement for an existing RGD and/or put it on a guitar body built to accomodate a 26.5" scale neck? :scratch:

broj15

Reaction score
i remember that s7320 rgd mashup and its actually the thread that inspired me to start looking on the bay for a neck for a fixed bridge rgd.

')