Aristides 080 Build Thread

HexaneLake

Reaction score
Yes! It is here.

I will be taking some new photos of it as soon as we get some sunshine up here in San Francisco!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metale

Reaction score
Cool! Also, how is that finish achieved? Is it kind of swirled?

HexaneLake

Reaction score
Im not 100% sure as I did not ask, but it looks as if it is done in layers. Im guessing they start with the base color, then a 2nd layer of base color mixed with a metallic/pearlescent additive applied with a plastic bag or something.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I'm not sure about their entire paint process, but this type of thing is typically achieved by adding a marbelizing agent to the paint. Quite common in custom bike shops.

dhgrind

Reaction score
How do you like the control layout ? is it too close or jumbled at all ?

SDMFVan

Reaction score
I'm not sure how Aristides does it, but PRS uses a latex glove to do their marble finishes.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I didn't know they were that affordable; I was expecting in the ~5k+ range for them.. Might have to keep it open as an option on a future build.. And to think, I almost just dropped $3200 US on a Kiesel (combed it back to $2100 without fancy tops) when I could have an Aristides for the same price...

MSUspartans777

Reaction score
I've always been interested in an Aristides build and this thread was amazing. Would love to see a video this axe in action.

')