Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpQx-I9i05T/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1pflbnwo3qr8q

Racing stripes and hood scoops this is the fastest guitar on the market

love the look of the guitar with the stripes and balck/gold hardware/pups. but, I dont like the 3+3 headstock

donno why they wetn with that for the multiscale models. Not sure how it looks of the 7, but ont he 6 it looks off, the tunning pegs should at least have same spacing in each side. It would ahve looked way better with the 6 in-line, or even with a reversed headdstock

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpQx-I9i05T/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1pflbnwo3qr8q

Racing stripes and hood scoops this is the fastest guitar on the market

Not so fast!:

able+axe+2.jpg

Speed holes.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
thought the 06s's and 07's initially looked abit odd, but I'm warming to them...which is bad for my GAS

I play music

Reaction score
love the look of the guitar with the stripes and balck/gold hardware/pups. but, I dont like the 3+3 headstock

donno why they wetn with that for the multiscale models. Not sure how it looks of the 7, but ont he 6 it looks off, the tunning pegs should at least have same spacing in each side. It would ahve looked way better with the 6 in-line, or even with a reversed headdstock
I think exactly the opposite to be honest. I don't like their in-line headstocks, the 3+3, 4+3, 5+3 look much better in my opinion.

I play music

Reaction score
If anyone's interested in hearing/seeing one of these, I'm playing around with this 060R for a bit!

Has there been any official announcement yet regarding the R series? Like price/difference to non-R/etc.?
I find it weird that they seem sell stuff before it is even mentioned on their web page.

narad

Reaction score
Isn't that the demo R?

ikarus

Reaction score
Has there been any official announcement yet regarding the R series? Like price/difference to non-R/etc.?
I find it weird that they seem sell stuff before it is even mentioned on their web page.

Same for the 070S and the 060S.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

I can't talk about it obviously, but they will typically take orders of a first batch of instruments so they can have more than just 3D renders to sell to the general public. You can always talk to them if you want a quote, the most I can really say is it's a few hundred euro cheaper than getting whatever model you were planning on getting. It's definitely cheaper, and it comes with Fishmans + Rechargeable Battery Pack included into the price which is killer considering that's 350 USD alone.

The price of the S is kind of obvious too, you just take the the 080 costs, subtract it from the 080S. There's your 'S' Upcharge :lol:

And yeah, like Narad said this is just a demo 060R it's not something I ordered or bought. A few people are getting to try this specific guitar out, you saw Matt Heafy with it a few months ago and generally frequent customers were offered a chance to play it. This particular one has SD Alpha/Omega's, I really like the sound of them might throw them in my Silverburst.

How does it compare to a normal 060? Presumably the same?

People have said they sound louder, or more vibrant unplugged but I haven't experienced that myself. It's a hell of a lot lighter, at least this one when I compare it to my finished 060's. I prefer the raw finish to the satin finishes, it's gone through a few different hands in the last 2-3 months but the finish has held up really well. I don't see those typical satin gloss spots or anything related to finish wear. Feel wise it's pretty similar to their aluminium/gold metal finishes with the brushed look, gives it more grip too.

Taikatatti

Reaction score
I had a change to play one of the 070R prototypes when i was visiting their factory little while ago. Absolutely stunning guitar! I also noticed the weight difference compared to the standard line and the S-models. Probably gonna pick one sometime next year.

narad

Reaction score
I can't talk about it obviously, but they will typically take orders of a first batch of instruments so they can have more than just 3D renders to sell to the general public. You can always talk to them if you want a quote, the most I can really say is it's a few hundred euro cheaper than getting whatever model you were planning on getting.

So it's a few hundred euro cheaper than base finish price? Like below satin base color? That might wind up being like 700-800 euro cheaper than the same guitar with a chameleon or sparkle gloss then - a big deal.

People have said they sound louder, or more vibrant unplugged but I haven't experienced that myself.

Oh people...

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
So it's a few hundred euro cheaper than base finish price? Like below satin base color? That might wind up being like 700-800 euro cheaper than the same guitar with a chameleon or sparkle gloss then - a big deal.

Oh people...

In fairness, the "some people" was Kyle from Aristides :p

narad

Reaction score
In fairness, the "some people" was Kyle from Aristides :p

I don't take the car dealer's word when I'm shopping there for cars :D

** slaps roof of R series **

"This bad boy's got... so much difference in sound to justify buying it in addition to the Aristides guitars you already own"

Last edited:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
It wasn't Kyle I heard it from, several people noted it and my buddy tried it tonight and actually said it was louder than my 060's. I don't necessarily hear it myself, but it could be the same thing as people attributing natural wood guitars vs guitars with a gloss coat. And Narad I'm not sure, I don't think it's that much cheaper just ask them

EDIT: I'm not going to gloss over the fact that you just tried to casually meme on us @narad I knew you kept up with all the latest memes and trends. Bet you play Fortnite in your free time too :lol:

narad

Reaction score
EDIT: I'm not going to gloss over the fact that you just tried to casually meme on us @narad I knew you kept up with all the latest memes and trends. Bet you play Fortnite in your free time too :lol:

I have a twitch account, but it's just me being cynical and grumpy 18 hours a day.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
People have said they sound louder, or more vibrant unplugged but I haven't experienced that myself. It's a hell of a lot lighter, at least this one when I compare it to my finished 060's. I prefer the raw finish to the satin finishes, it's gone through a few different hands in the last 2-3 months but the finish has held up really well. I don't see those typical satin gloss spots or anything related to finish wear. Feel wise it's pretty similar to their aluminium/gold metal finishes with the brushed look, gives it more grip too.

Good to know, thanks. That's really weird that it's noticeably lighter. I thought they're identical except the R isn't painted. Surely paint doesn't weigh a noticeable amount, lol

Great news about the lack of glossing and the brushed/grippy feel. I'm really looking forward to getting mine now!

narad

Reaction score
This is killing me -- stainless steel wrap on the body, not paint, and not cheap. Pascal's got a video on his FB page but no idea how to share that:

45488915_10156719896942641_3374562036464746496_n.jpg

')