Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is the coolest fucking thing. For real. It's pretty damn close to making up for those speed cuts. Fuck it. It totally does.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That is the coolest fucking thing. For real. It's pretty damn close to making up for those speed cuts. Fuck it. It totally does.

Time for a GuitarOfMetal?

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
That guitar is so Manowar. Totally digging the finish.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
giphy.gif

It's a goddamn curse, now I want one with this finish. Or I can just wait until it goes up for sale if it ever does :lol:

narad

Reaction score
I think when it's all chromed out the venty bits suddenly make sense to me.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
vacuu-formed stainless steel sheet, perhaps? That's going to scratch like a mo-fo.

I thought of that, and think that's actually an awesome feature. It's going to age like a good metal hand tool. :drool:

BodyOrigami

Reaction score
So not to be a tease(i will do a proper NGD), but I received my 080s yesterday!!!!!! Absolutely incredible instrument!!!!!! Hands down, the most comfortable 8 string I have ever played. Having never played a multiscale guitar before, I was a little nervous about comfort. But I honestly don't even notice. If anything, it feels more natural than a straight scale. I was jammin on it this morning and was late for work because I lost track of time. Very inspiring to play!!!!!!

narad

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out now if they clear coat over it for some protection, but my guess is no?

pott

Reaction score
That's definitely a bridge pickup :) I didn't even notice but yes, maybe it is a little further from the strings than on most guitars.

narad

Reaction score
Still waiting for someone to do that finish in gloss! I'm basically sitting around and waiting for 2 aristides specs to show up in completed guitars so I can make the right decision.

Interesting about the distance between the bridge and bridge pickup. I wonder how much is just perceptual -- we often see 7/8 string multiscales, so the space in between should appear narrower on those. But it could also be intentional -- the scale length on the 060s isn't super down-tuned crazy style.

pott

Reaction score
Prior to the order window opening, and after specs had been announced, I really was hesitating:
* The 6-string, at 26.1", doesn't go very far. I'd have favored a 1" spread to 26.5"
* The 7-string, at 27", goes too far for me, I'd have favored a 26.5" (as on my 070)

But in the end, Aristides have a 'tight' feel anyway and I was ok foregoing that extra half-inch (giggity). It's a REALLY loud and balanced sounding guitar. A great voice.

narad

Reaction score
What's the high E though -- 25" IIRC? That to me is the really interesting bit. My ideal 6-string fan would be like 24.6-26

')