Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pott

Reaction score
Yeah that sounds about right :) Not 100% sure.

It's not a huge deal for me. Anything up to 1" fan feels no different to a straight-scale to me. And so long as the low E is above 25.5", I can make it work.

It's partly why I felt Strandberg's multiscale of 25-25.5" with the nut being the parallel fret made 0 sense. Could just be me. But I feel the nut is where I want some slant at least, not the bridge. A half inch isn't much, but ends-up being definitely noticeable as you get higher-up the neck.

Avedas

Reaction score
Yeah that sounds about right :) Not 100% sure.

It's not a huge deal for me. Anything up to 1" fan feels no different to a straight-scale to me. And so long as the low E is above 25.5", I can make it work.

It's partly why I felt Strandberg's multiscale of 25-25.5" with the nut being the parallel fret made 0 sense. Could just be me. But I feel the nut is where I want some slant at least, not the bridge. A half inch isn't much, but ends-up being definitely noticeable as you get higher-up the neck.
I'm convinced the Strandberg 6 fan is purely for aesthetics. Which is great because I think it looks cool as fuck, but yeah the fan doesn't really do anything and I don't notice it at all.

mastapimp

Reaction score
giphy.gif

It's a goddamn curse, now I want one with this finish. Or I can just wait until it goes up for sale if it ever does :lol:

Apparently, you're cursed to have gray fingers if you handle this! Usually i see him wearing gloves in most of the photos, but looks like he's got some residues on both hands that coincidentally match the tone of that finish.

jco5055

Reaction score
Can anyone of the others here in the Addicts group send me a pm with the link or tell me what to search to see the full R aanouncement/specs/options list a few months ago?

I remember when I first saw it I went "hmm it doesn't have all the options I want right now so I'm happy that I put in a regular 070 build already" but now I'm just curious what it was, I thought it was the FR option but that's apparently not the case haha.

I tried searching "Raw" "R" "Raw Series" "R series" in the group, and even filtered it so Pascal was the poster to no avail. Or did they take that post down in the group?

pott

Reaction score
I think it's just not very searchable... There isn't much in the way of 'official' announcements on this group, and most folks will communicate directly with whoever is their POC to get their new orders in.

jco5055

Reaction score
Gotcha, since I've already put my build in and DEFINITELY can not afford a second one for the forseeable future I guess I'll just wait until it's officially on the website haha.

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
They're not officially released yet and they're only available to friends and previous customers.

FWIW they're the same as the regular models, just without paint as they add the paint to the mould and sand the bodies to give them a unique feel/finishing touch. the idea was to make a more 'affordable' line of guitars that can be completed faster than the normal models because they don't require paint/finishing.

The result is a guitar that is way more resonant than the already super resonant standard models. I tried them as I visit every now and then and.. I ordered one on the spot. Ridiculously good and you guys will really like them :)

A-Branger

Reaction score
What made you go with just a neck and a middle pickup?

it is on the right spot. Search for a regular scale one and see the distance is the same

Hipshot bridges are usually right on the edge of intonation which gives the illusion of a bigger gap, that plus no pickup ring, and coming from seeing the previous pic which is a floyd routed guitar, which they almost reach the bridge pickup

jco5055

Reaction score
They're not officially released yet and they're only available to friends and previous customers.

FWIW they're the same as the regular models, just without paint as they add the paint to the mould and sand the bodies to give them a unique feel/finishing touch. the idea was to make a more 'affordable' line of guitars that can be completed faster than the normal models because they don't require paint/finishing.

The result is a guitar that is way more resonant than the already super resonant standard models. I tried them as I visit every now and then and.. I ordered one on the spot. Ridiculously good and you guys will really like them :)

Not sure if you were replying to me or not since I see a lot of people wanted to know more about the R series, but I knew all that being in the Addicts page, I just remember Pascal listing all of the options like you get when you order a regular build and I wanted to check them out again.

If I won the Lotto I'd definitely get myself an R (hell I'd order one model each of every model they make) but it seems like an R is a theoretical dream...having better (for lack of a better word) specs while also being cheaper and quicker to build.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Apparently, you're cursed to have gray fingers if you handle this! Usually i see him wearing gloves in most of the photos, but looks like he's got some residues on both hands that coincidentally match the tone of that finish.

I'm pretty sure that's just from polishing the guitar, not just outright touching it. My buddy has the worn steel finish and it only ever greys his fingers out the slightest bit if he plays for like 4+ hours and sweats. It's like working with steel wool to polish frets, you'll be fine if you handle it for a few seconds, but by the end of the full fret polish your fingers will be grey. It has a satin finish over the neck either way, so there's 0 room for that to happen unless you like rubbing the other parts of the guitar for hours.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score

Any idea of price?

Restarted

Reaction score
Just discovered this thread. I placed an order this April for in-person pick-up next April. They finished it this month and now I'm trying to find time to just go, pick it up and come back home. Shipping isn't an option for me sadly due to customs. A 4-day vacation for my wife and I to Holland would cost around the same as what I'd pay in customs and VAT, and that's only because we like to eat at fancy places. If we skip the tasting menus and wine pairings, it would be much cheaper.
I haven't received the email with the high res pictures but here's the IG link of my guitar:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BprnmsHBB-H/

Avedas

Reaction score
Just discovered this thread. I placed an order this April for in-person pick-up next April. They finished it this month and now I'm trying to find time to just go, pick it up and come back home. Shipping isn't an option for me sadly due to customs. A 4-day vacation for my wife and I to Holland would cost around the same as what I'd pay in customs and VAT, and that's only because we like to eat at fancy places. If we skip the tasting menus and wine pairings, it would be much cheaper.
I haven't received the email with the high res pictures but here's the IG link of my guitar:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BprnmsHBB-H/
Apparently I already liked your guitar on IG. Insane finish.

I've been planning an order for quite a while now but I've been hesitant to pull the trigger. The R series is looking so damn good now though this may be a no brainer.

Restarted

Reaction score
Apparently I already liked your guitar on IG. Insane finish.

I've been planning an order for quite a while now but I've been hesitant to pull the trigger. The R series is looking so damn good now though this may be a no brainer.

Yeah I got lucky with the marble pattern for sure. It's crazy. I love the R series but I feel like if I get another Aristides (which I might if I sell every other guitar I have and just end up with one 070 and one 060s), it will be a chameleon finish. Their finishes are just too good

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
That was pretty much my reasoning for not going with two sparkles for this pair that's wrapping up. I've always wanted a marble but everytime I order one, a new finish pops up and I would ask Pascal to switch it for me (Back when it was easy and they didn't have the 8 month queue :lol:).

My first order was literally blue marble + lite board + burnt chrome hardware. And then Mark Holcomb ordered that first chameleon 080, and I had to switch over. It's happened with nearly every order so far that I start with a marble and switch at some point. But I'm finally getting my DGS Marble and I can't wait.

I keep coming back to this video

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yea, it's good you waiting until the marbles got totally insane before committing fully to it.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
The marble finishes are cool, but holy shit the markup on them. €400+ just for the finish :eek:

')