Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
Small update with my build, look at that finish!

buildupdate.jpg

jco5055

Reaction score
I got to play my first Aristides ever today at the Chicago Music Exchange, it's a 060, and it was killlleeeeerrrr.

Like I legit was bored looking at every other high end Ibanez, Jackson, Suhr etc they had there, none felt as good.

A-Branger

Reaction score
R series in pink

48954568_10161283888275013_693912830650351616_n.jpg

now that looks cool and Id be happy to own it.

Not like the muted red-ish color they showed first before. Which in combination with the "raw/mate" finish it made it look like a generic color plastic toy whos needs to get painted over. Plus the choice to put cream/black zebras didnt help with the look either. White/black would had looked bit better. Cream bobins for that muted red/brown didnt worked at all

Either way, awesome pink color

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It does look really cool there but I'm definitely a bit wary of their photography. They have some new guy taking photos and the photos of the sparkles are like ...not of this world. Something that makes you say "wow", but not an authentic representation of the sparkle in real life. Is that going on here? I'm not sure. Makes me think a sky blue R series would be awesome too!

A-Branger

Reaction score
yeh no idea. Its all about the light angle. But at elast in here you can still see the "Raw" finish of it, but only were the light hits it more, also the color of the guitar helps to mask this out. Rather than the dark muted red they showed first were you could see it perectly on the whole body, which for me gave the impression o an un-finished look. Only worse would have been to use prime-grey color ahhaha :p

But yeah a sky blue would look awesome too, even with white pickups too

would check it out at NAMM in person how they look IRL

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
An Orange 080R is what I've been looking at. The orange of the R series is actually much, much closer looking to what I was after in terms of finish. It's a very "Halloween" orange. I like it more in the pics they've shown than I like Dutch Orange.

I hope they can come up with a darker, nearer to black R finish. Athracite looks great, but it's grey, not matte black.

Avedas

Reaction score
It does look really cool there but I'm definitely a bit wary of their photography. They have some new guy taking photos and the photos of the sparkles are like ...not of this world. Something that makes you say "wow", but not an authentic representation of the sparkle in real life. Is that going on here? I'm not sure. Makes me think a sky blue R series would be awesome too!
They used to do short video clips of the sparkles to show them off. Not sure if they still do that.

x55p29.jpg

This is still my favorite R series I've seen and I want it so bad.

A-Branger

Reaction score

I just got send a iphone video of a NAMM show guitar in black holoflake sparkle from a friend builder. Just like that white rainbow sparkle/glaxy/unicorn/whatever, like in that photo but in black, Simple video of the guitar rotating in the hanger jsut after spary in the booth (so pretty flat lighting). And oh man, the amount of sparkles is out of this world. Its not a magic photography trick, sometimes the guitar do sparkle like crazy. Depends of the size of the flakes and the amount of them used I assume. Later he send me another video of other NAMM guitar, but this one the flakes/sparkle was smaller, it showed but smaller, like the kid of guitar that wont sparkle muhc on a photo. But that hollow flake one ppffffff omg

Taikatatti

Reaction score
They used to do short video clips of the sparkles to show them off. Not sure if they still do that.

x55p29.jpg

This is still my favorite R series I've seen and I want it so bad.

I got to play 070R identical to that one while i was in the factory, might be that exact one. Absolutely loved the balance in weight and i preferred it over the multiple 070S models i tried. That red one with all black hardware would be a dream!

bmth4111

Reaction score
I got to play my first Aristides ever today at the Chicago Music Exchange, it's a 060, and it was killlleeeeerrrr.

Like I legit was bored looking at every other high end Ibanez, Jackson, Suhr etc they had there, none felt as good.

Do you know if they still have that 060 there and how many Aristides guitars did they have. Really want to try one out!

bmth4111

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Aristides allows you to paint there metal emblem on the headstock. Would be really great to have it in gloss black.

Restarted

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Aristides allows you to paint there metal emblem on the headstock. Would be really great to have it in gloss black.
Not sure, but I ordered mine in burnt chrome so at least that's an option

bmth4111

Reaction score
What was the name of the artist/project who used this guitar? Always thought this was a unique Halloween looking design. He used to have a youtube channel I believe, played byzantine djent type metal which had a tim burton aesthetic.

upload_2019-1-31_2-10-9.jpeg

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
How’re y’all talking about ordering R guitars and their pricing? I don’t see the option on the site order form. Also, does anybody know if an R model can be multiscale?

')