Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Restarted

Reaction score
How’re y’all talking about ordering R guitars and their pricing? I don’t see the option on the site order form. Also, does anybody know if an R model can be multiscale?
Email them and you can order anything. Yeah raw multiscale is an option. Took all my willpower to not order a 060RS

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Aristides allows you to paint there metal emblem on the headstock. Would be really great to have it in gloss black.

I pretty much pestered Pascal about this for the last 3 - 4 years and it's finally a thing yeah. Consequently I have progress pics of my Marble that has one! My 060's are almost finished.

50022269_312420002732310_7906093081701646336_n.jpg

49899502_316331998998760_6440506019599613952_n.jpg

50755910_503950910128868_83895485978378240_n.jpg

bmth4111

Reaction score
I pretty much pestered Pascal about this for the last 3 - 4 years and it's finally a thing yeah. Consequently I have progress pics of my Marble that has one! My 060's are almost finished.

50022269_312420002732310_7906093081701646336_n.jpg

Damn that looks great. Hmm, Seems like it would have been a no brainer for Aristides. Really makes that guitar's headstock look sleek!

bmth4111

Reaction score
I have a couple questions for Aristides owners.
1. Which wood does arium sound most similar too? (Im trying to think of pickups I should order for a custom.)
2. What strings do they use on there instruments?
3.Do they send out there guitars in standard tuning and set ups. Or are you able to request a tuning so they can set it up properly according to the tuning along with proper string gauges?

Restarted

Reaction score
1. Which wood does arium sound most similar too? (Im trying to think of pickups I should order for a custom.)
3.Do they send out there guitars in standard tuning and set ups. Or are you able to request a tuning so they can set it up properly according to the tuning along with proper string gauges?
As I haven't received mine yet, (and I'm not sure I want to get into a tonewood debate) I'll skip question 1.
2. Aristides strings, previously Daddario, but you can send your own. I sent them Stringjoy strings for mine.
3. You can request any tuning. Mine will come in AEADGcf.

A-Branger

Reaction score

1- Im not too much into the tone wood debate, I wouldnt worry that much. But honestly your best bet would be to contact them directly. They are the ones who have tried every different pickup out there in their guitars. Reason why they have their own pickup set if I remember right
2- They are strings, who cares. What? you can afford their guitars but not a 14$ string pack? really?. Just play the guitar dude, either use the stock strings till they need a change, or for a couple of weeks, or couple of days, or just change strings as soon as it gets in your hands

jco5055

Reaction score

1)I have played a 060 before as mentioned in this thread earlier, but I'll be honest I'm not one of those guys who can really tell the difference between tonewoods. They do make BKP Aristides Customs (which I'm getting) though a lot of owners claim they aren't high output enough so if metal is your thing you might want to go with Fishmans or Lundgrens. I would say most owners seem to agree on Fishmans being their faves.

2) As mentioned already they now make their own strings, so that's what I'm getting. Previously though Elixir was the default brand if you didn't specify what you wanted.

3) Yep you can get whatever tuning you want/string gauge, I'm a standard guy so I'm just getting .010s (orignally .009s but Aristides Strings only come in .010s at the lightest)

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
They have their own unique sound, on the warmer side so brighter leaning pickups tend to balance it out more than darker pickups do. I'm not into the tonewood debate as I used to be, I think almost all woods can sound great and my experiences with my own guitars and trying out everything at NAMM the past few years echo that. Less and less picky as time goes on :lol:

But I can demo the ones I will have, I have a pretty solid variety of pickups in my Aristides at the moment. Suhr Pickups in one, Nailbombs in my 070, Aristides Customs in my other 060. And the two upcoming ones will feature Ragnaroks and Tosin Fishmans.

They're using their own strings now, and setup and tuning is completely up to you. I think I went 9 - 46 on one, and 10 - 49 on the Marble for Drop D and more riff oriented playing. They're extremely accommodating and will get the gauges you want, not sure on the ERG side though with stuff that's like 80+ for mega downtuning and 8 string guitars.

bmth4111

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys!
Yeah I have liked the sound of Nailbombs in aristides I have heard. I'm thinking about either bare knuckle impulse, Nailbombs, or tosin fluence pickups.

They have their own unique sound, on the warmer side so brighter leaning pickups tend to balance it out more than darker pickups do. I'm not into the tonewood debate as I used to be, I think almost all woods can sound great and my experiences with my own guitars and trying out everything at NAMM the past few years echo that. Less and less picky as time goes on :lol:

But I can demo the ones I will have, I have a pretty solid variety of pickups in my Aristides at the moment. Suhr Pickups in one, Nailbombs in my 070, Aristides Customs in my other 060. And the two upcoming ones will feature Ragnaroks and Tosin Fishmans.

They're using their own strings now, and setup and tuning is completely up to you. I think I went 9 - 46 on one, and 10 - 49 on the Marble for Drop D and more riff oriented playing. They're extremely accommodating and will get the gauges you want, not sure on the ERG side though with stuff that's like 80+ for mega downtuning and 8 string guitars.

How would you describe the eq and tone of the Nailbombs in your aristides? And how are the cleans?

pott

Reaction score
I had a Nailbomb in the bridge of my old 060. It was the best fit I had for this pickup. I had a NB in a MusicMan Axis Super Sport before (Alnico, just like in my 060) and it was little more subdued/cleaner in that guitar.
The aggression of the pickup jumped a little further to the front in the 060. It's a surprisingly versatile pickup mind, though it's clearly meant for high-gain (it can indeed get quite gnarly under the right circumstances).
Not sure about EQ etc... it's been a long time!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not really sure about the EQ description, I mainly just waited a ceramic high gain pickup that responds well to heavy pick attack. Not into the mushy Juggernaut sound a lot of people are after these days, in fact the last time I heard a Juggernaut sound decent was an HT7 into an Invective with both the 33 and the Fortin Compressor on to give it some edge.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
man I love Aristides. Ive had my 070 for a few years, and even after my mistake of thinking of trying a different fret size (tall/thin, stupidest idea ever lol) and I also just grown out of love with the color combo (deep sky blue/blonde richlite) and not a fan of 26.5". I decided to buy a EBMM JPX7, which I've always wanted, with the plan to sell my 070 cause I have a 060 on the way..

I get the JPX7 and do some testing vs the 070.. even after all the things I dont care for on my 070, it is just untouchable. I dunno why I bought the JPX7 now haha I think it'll be going instead of the 070. Id' love to trade the 070 once im in the Ottawa/Toronto area next year if I can find one local, but pretty positive both Aristides won't be going anywhere now. This 060 is gonna be epic, Arctic Sunset Sparkle also =]

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Nice what other specs on the Arctic? Mine just wrapped up, I'll post pics when I get pics of the DGS one as well.

I'm personally still impressed with the quality and playability of EBMM they're a close favorite among all the top brands I enjoy. I recently got a Majesty and a JPX and I enjoy them quite a bit. These two incoming 060's will essentially replace them need wise so we'll see how I feel after the fact. The Majesty is unique enough that I'd probably keep that around regardless and get rid of my X instead if I felt like I had to sell anything.

jco5055

Reaction score
This is a random thought but does anyone know what amp(s) were used to tweak the BKP Customs? Or at least I assume an amp would be needed but when you think about it I feel like that could kind of be significant for one's choice of pickups for their build depending on their gear.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
This is a random thought but does anyone know what amp(s) were used to tweak the BKP Customs? Or at least I assume an amp would be needed but when you think about it I feel like that could kind of be significant for one's choice of pickups for their build depending on their gear.

Oh jeez, you're reading way too much into this.

jco5055

Reaction score
Oh jeez, you're reading way too much into this.

I'm not changing my choice it was just a random thought I had since they were "tweaked" i'd be curious, hell I was curious to see what amps they'd bring to NAMM but I wasn't surprised when it was a Kemper and then a Revv (since Kyle at Aristides also works for Revv).

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I'm possibly interested in getting an Aristides someday (the 020 has some appeal for me), what price range are we talking about for the finishes ?

CloudsUr

Reaction score
I'm possibly interested in getting an Aristides someday (the 020 has some appeal for me), what price range are we talking about for the finishes ?
If you go on their site in the ''how to order'' section there are price listings for all the options.

')