Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
Worn/Raw Steel might be different, just ask to make sure. But that Worn Steel finish is amazing, I picked that up at NAMM for my buddy and I noodle on it whenever we jam. The finish wouldn't be my first choice, but it feels pretty cool in comparison to the other finish options, I'd probably do Gloss regardless.

I'm really feeling the Rainbow Sparkle, I can't decide if Burned Chrome hardware would work with that or not.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I think someone already ordered a guitar with that combo, would have looked 100% killer with a black board, but that's their choice.

060_Galactic_Sparkle_Front_Dark.jpg

060_Galactic_Sparkle_Portrait.jpg

jco5055

Reaction score
Man I am torn between galactic and rainbow...I feel like rainbow is the less metal/more pop cousin if that makes sense

jco5055

Reaction score
Also any idea if piezo with Floyd rose is possible? Kyle said he’s not sure but he probably won’t be able to verify after namm

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
No clue, I've seen that on the 020. My buddy Nick has the aluminum finish 020 with Piezo and he digs it.

And I feel that on the finish, I'm ordering a light/dark pair next. Thinking Arctic Sparkle and Galactic Sparkle, but I might go Arctic Sparkle/Dark Grey Marble instead just going to decide when I pony up and order it.

pott

Reaction score
His 020 doesn't have a Floyd though (these don't have a bridge change option). I've not seen any Piezos on Floyded Aristides, but it may be possible. Asking is your best bet, they would know best.

I just ordered an 020, choke-full of new features. We'll see if they make it to the standard options list; here's hoping!

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
from a tech stand point it's not that hard. just gotta tape up the piezo elements to the floyd saddles...

but their standard piezo option is 570 euros...a floyd piezo will cost as much as a budget guitar.

jco5055

Reaction score
from a tech stand point it's not that hard. just gotta tape up the piezo elements to the floyd saddles...

but their standard piezo option is 570 euros...a floyd piezo will cost as much as a budget guitar.

At this point if I can keep it under $6k USD I’m good haha. Though I’ll definitely have to decide if I wanna go the true custom route from like Dalbello guitars, getting a Strandberg-Esque guitar where pretty much my imagination is my limit, or this, cuz unless I either win the lotto or become a 100% pro musician where it’s my only job and livable the two will be years apart.

I wish I could get the Strandberg kind of guitar but with the Arium but alas.

pott

Reaction score
I cannot agree enough with the upper communication.
A great axe is a great axe regardless of whether it's made of Arium, Basswood, Swamp-Ash etc...

And while it's harder to make a decision to get a guitar without trying AND without knowing the tone signature of its construction, I will echo the above statement that Aristides are GREAT guitars, and while this goes against every shred of decency I possess, I will say here that I have owned and played some Epic instruments: Aristides are just as good or better.
THAT's a great reason to get one :D

Don't get me wrong; they're not for everyone... just like everything else! But objectively, they're fantastic. For you, that's for you to figure out.

jco5055

Reaction score
what I do need to do is find someplace that has a Strandberg (or Skerv or any other similar guitar but Strandberg is my best bet) at like a guitar center to see if the ergonomic features are a complete need for me or not, but I don't think any stores around the Chicago area have one.

pott

Reaction score
Strandberg and Skervesen have virtually nothing in common other than Skervesen offering a couple of headless guitars.
Not all headless guitars are equivalent, nor are they all ergonomic.

Skervesen is a custom-shop: pick a shape, select whatever options you want. They will not be made of Arium or have the Endurneck. The guitar is only as good as your options. Know what you want and need prior to ordering :)
Strandberg: plenty of production models which, in my experience, are not worth the money due to quality issues. You get these for the light weight, tone, and Endurneck
Aristides: pick a shape and options, get an incredible guitar. You cannot go wrong, and they won't do you wrong either

Last edited:

jco5055

Reaction score
Strandberg and Skervesen have virtually nothing in common other than Skervesen offering a couple of headless guitars.
Not all headless guitars are equivalent, nor are they all ergonomic.

Skervesen is a custom-shop: pick a shape, select whatever options you want. They will not be made of Arium or have the Endurneck. The guitar is only as good as your options. Know what you want and need prior to ordering :)
Strandberg: plenty of production models which, in my experience, are not worth the money due to quality issues. You get these for the light weight, tone, and Endurneck
Arium: pick a shape and options, get an incredible guitar. You cannot go wrong, and they won't do you wrong either

i guess I just don't know if I'd love/want options like headless, extremely lightweight, endureneck (or a shape like Rik Toome provides), multiscale etc.

I guess I'd say Aristides is a lot more "normal" of a guitar, similar to if you bought a top of the line/J Custom Ibanez...I know they have the S models but I know I want a trem so I'd be ordering a normal 070 from them.

pott

Reaction score
The 070s are FANTASTIC! I barely ever play 7 strings but I LOVE mine. The best way I can describe it is as 'precise'. Everything on it is top-notch. Tone, playability, looks. It's just insanely good.

By comparison, the Strandberg Boden Metal 7 I got had issues (see my NGD on here) and went back very shortly. Even factoring in the extra cost, the Aristides is a much more worthy instrument, as far as I'm concerned.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Precise is the perfect word for Aristides instruments. So finely tuned for their job. Perfect studio instrument IMO.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Almost have my specs down for an 070 order (also fyi they are starting to offer a fanned fret 070 soon, but its a reasonabley big upcharge).
Just unsure of what pickups to go with.

Also I really should be upgrading my band rig...but cant help wanting the aristides more, even though I've already got a high end 7

Avedas

Reaction score
Kind of a disappointment because I can't imagine I'd have any use for 27" scale on the low end.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
what I do need to do is find someplace that has a Strandberg (or Skerv or any other similar guitar but Strandberg is my best bet) at like a guitar center to see if the ergonomic features are a complete need for me or not, but I don't think any stores around the Chicago area have one.

I'd be wary and definitely do what you said and find a place that stocks them locally to you. Those instruments are all vastly different to each other in both objective and in overall feel.

The strandberg ergonomics are hard to beat and it's the reason a lot of people flock to them, they really nailed the comfortable design that gets out of your way. AFAIK Skervesen doesn't offer a similar neck profile to the endurneck, so if you're after a headless with Skervesen you're getting IMO a less ergonomic centric headless guitar.

Both the strandbergs and Skervesens will be lighter than the Aristides because almost every Aristides I've owned has sat at the 7-8lb range which is the normal range of weight for most regular electric guitars.

They are all comfortable, but I've mentioned this to friends and people who have played mine the Aristides end up doing what Mayones do to their ERG designs. The body of the ERGs end up feeling quite a bit large, it's one of the reasons why I didn't gel with the 080s my elbow ends up jutting out a bit. So if you're looking for an ERG the Shoggie and Boden designs are so small that if you try all 3 brands back to back, the comfort of the Skerv and Strandbergs will be really hard to beat.

That being said, Aristides are as comfortable as an S Series Ibanez if I could make any comparison. Their bodies are slightly thicker than, and also the neck joint is non-existent since the Ibanez is bolt on.

jco5055

Reaction score
I just creeped the reviews on the Aristides facebook page and found a guy in Chicago, just sent him a message hoping he'll let me try out one of his so I can try before I buy. Fingers crossed.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score

I just creeped the reviews on the Aristides facebook page and found a guy in Chicago, just sent him a message hoping he'll let me try out one of his so I can try before I buy. Fingers crossed.

Im in Chicago and have one as well. PM me on here

Latest posts

')