Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Insomnia

Needs more strings!
Reaction score
I had the privilege of playing Olly Steele's 080 after a masterclass he did.

About 2 minutes just strumming that guitar unplugged left me more impressed than hours I've spent with Duvells and Regiuses plugged in.

Insanely bright and snappy, and mindblowing sustain. I am so desperate to order an 080s and an 070, wish I had the funds :/ (won't do for another two years or so).

jco5055

Reaction score
For those not part of the Facebook page I thought I'd upload my specs for my build...it's costing me a pretty penny.
aristides2.png

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Put my order in for the pair of 060's finally.

Went with Arctic Sunset and Dark Grey Sapphire for the other, both Floyds. BKP Ragnaroks on the Arctic and Fishman Tosins on the DGS, also got the upgraded Sure Claw for the floyd which is a HUGE help. I hate unscrewing 8 screws to adjust my tension on the springs so having that will be infinitely quicker for setups and minor tuning changes.

This video sold me on Dark Grey Sapphire, it was a tough decision between Galaxy Sparkle and that but for now the Marble seems more appealing to me. I'll save Galaxy Sparkle for the 080 or the 050 whenever I get the chance to put those orders in.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Saw in their facebook page they posted a pic of a guitar on a side angle with “R series coming soon”

Anyone knows what that is?

pott

Reaction score
Different finishing technique. More limited options, especially on said-finishing. Not sure I can say much more. These aren't so much new models as a slightly different series of their existing guitars. But since a mold change is involved, it took a while to design and test out.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Their turnaround is significantly reduced too which is an enormous plus. 2 - 3 months is what I heard vs the 7 - 8 the standard guitars have to take, just because of the amount of guitars going through their paint booth and the time they take. I'll probably order an 080 eventually in an R.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
060 owners, I have a question.

Can any of you compare the 060 neck shape to the neck shape of a Jackson Soloist?

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Their turnaround is significantly reduced too which is an enormous plus. 2 - 3 months is what I heard vs the 7 - 8 the standard guitars have to take, just because of the amount of guitars going through their paint booth and the time they take. I'll probably order an 080 eventually in an R.

Wow. If that’s true, I could definitely go for one. Wonder if they be cheaper too, given the faster turnaround time...

I play music

Reaction score
Yes, they are cheaper, as it removes the need for the finishing which usually takes several days work
Now I'm curious. I've always wanted a 080s but not for the price they are asking. If that new Rumor series is much cheaper, I might just be down for one!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It looks like they can get pretty close to their brushed aluminum finish. If that's true -- and they could more or less it get it exact -- I'd definitely be in for one. Like Paul Oz's silver with the red dot inlays.

')