Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
060 owners, I have a question.

Can any of you compare the 060 neck shape to the neck shape of a Jackson Soloist?

My buddy just got one and I played it for a bit, the 060's profile is thicker. It's also round so the shoulders aren't very pronounced, fills the hands pretty well when you hold it. The 7 and 8 have a flatter back.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
Lord I am so impatient with getting my hands on my 070 in like Jan/Feb..... the reasons for the long wait times is more along the lines of the amount of orders vs the amount of painting booths, molds etc right? Like from watching the factory tour vids and such it seems like if there was no wait, or if they were just a massive company that had hundreds of molds/paint booths/employees etc it would only take like 1-2 weeks to finish a guitar? Not like some extreme custom builds from luthiers where the woodworking etc is so complex where it just takes months for each guitar regardless.

I only ask because I am soooo excited to start getting progess pics and trying to gauge when I'll get them, but I assume like November at the earliest(?)

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Lord I am so impatient with getting my hands on my 070 in like Jan/Feb..... the reasons for the long wait times is more along the lines of the amount of orders vs the amount of painting booths, molds etc right? Like from watching the factory tour vids and such it seems like if there was no wait, or if they were just a massive company that had hundreds of molds/paint booths/employees etc it would only take like 1-2 weeks to finish a guitar? Not like some extreme custom builds from luthiers where the woodworking etc is so complex where it just takes months for each guitar regardless.

I only ask because I am soooo excited to start getting progess pics and trying to gauge when I'll get them, but I assume like November at the earliest(?)

I've normally gotten an "it exists" update (pics of the guitar straight out of the mold) from Pascal within the first two months. It's generally pretty quick until paint. I think total build to ship on the "R" models is going to be 4 months once they've streamlined the process, to give you an idea of how much time the paint booth is adding to builds. IMO no one keeps you updated the way Aristides does. Have a pint and wait for that build to complete.

dhgrind

Reaction score
i imagine there has to be some cure time for the body/arium and paint which probably contributes to the overall wait time even if there wasnt a huge line of folks getting these. Also consider there are some builders that take deposits and you dont even have a start date until 2+ years like Daemoness (2 years this december and I expect another year which is nbd), or even longer with other such builders. In the grand scheme of things getting a custom built synthetic guitar in half a year is pretty sick.

However patience is no virtue of musicians and i understand being antsy. Indeed enjoy a pint, and drool over the progress photos. I loved the attention that i got for every aspect of the build. It'll be here before you know it and you'll forget all about the wait.

jco5055

Reaction score
It's been right around 2 months for me, but it's my understanding that right around when I ordered that orders really started to come in so it wouldn't surprise me if it's a little longer than expected for the first progress update...but thanks guys! I do need a beer haha.

BodyOrigami

Reaction score
I ordered my 080s in early April, and received my first progress pics the first week of July. About two weeks ago, the finish was put on. So I think they are pretty spot on for the time frame they give. And the customer service is top notch. Shout out to Kyle for making my experience with Aristides the best I have ever encountered! But as you see in the pic below(hopefully I uploaded it correctly), they are definitely busy.
080s.jpg

jco5055

Reaction score
Beautiful build! And yeah Kyle was/is my point of contact also, and he's been great.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
My first build only took just under 2 months, back in 2015 when they only had a few select orders in queue. There's only so much they can do, they hold their finishing process to a high standard and they try to do batches of similar finishes to make it more and more quickly but it's rough. They've gotten way more orders than ever before, and I witnessed the build time go from 2 -> 4 -> 7 -> 8 months over the course of my first two builds.

Not much they can do other than hire more hands/get a bigger paint booth which they just did. I'm actually still surprised Pascal is as hands on as he still is, I order through him just because that's how I've always done it but the volume makes it hard for him to provide progress pics of everything. To be fair, progress pics are exciting but it's usually not that exciting until the finish goes on. Body out of mold -> Sanding/Pickup and Hardware Routes -> Primer -> Paint Process -> Finished Paint -> Final Touches/Hardware install -> Glamour shoot. But the time span between Sanding and Primer can be like 3 - 4 months :lol:

I'm in the same time bracket for my next pair too actually, so I feel you on the wait haha.

Ziricote

Reaction score

Its to their advantage to not produce in 2 weeks. People would question why they cost so much.

So basically these are 2 year wait and $6000+ guitars if they had woods but they dont so they are only $3500 and 1 year wait

Caleb Pels

Death Metal Guitarist
Reaction score
A friend ordered one a while back, we sat around and played it for hours. great quality and extremely tight sound

Caleb Pels

Death Metal Guitarist
Reaction score
a multiscale 7 would be amazing, although i don't think it's an option at the moment. their multiscale 8 plays great though. Highly recommended, especially for touring.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
man I can only imagine how happy I would be getting to build gorgeous guitars every day. Unfortunately that sort of thing isn't my skill set but damn those guys at Aristides must love going to work every day!

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Well, I put down a deposit on an 060. Soon going to join this club!

I still think the scoops aren't the most attractive, but the way people RAVE about them... I've officially been sucked into the hype.

jco5055

Reaction score
Well, I put down a deposit on an 060. Soon going to join this club!

I still think the scoops aren't the most attractive, but the way people RAVE about them... I've officially been sucked into the hype.

Congrats!

It's weird, I thought they were ugly as hell initially (and still think on the website for each model's page they look the worst), but for example some owners have sent me "real" pics of their Tiddies including one next to his two Mayones honestly his 070 is the most gorgeous guitar there.

')