Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SeventyFour

Reaction score
How do these feel compared to say, your average soloist horizon shape? I'm into what they are doing but can't shake the feeling that they look like some kind of squashed superstrat with that wide and thin body. Do Aristides feel like big/wide guitars?

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
How do these feel compared to say, your average soloist horizon shape? I'm into what they are doing but can't shake the feeling that they look like some kind of squashed superstrat with that wide and thin body. Do Aristides feel like big/wide guitars?
They're basically a standard super strat size other than in thickness.
They don't feel big and wide imo.

It's not like picking up a gibson e335 or a gretsch semi hollow where they feel cumbersome and sit poorly.

Last edited:

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think the pics where jay is holding the guitar (my build attached for reference) makes them seem extra wide, but they’re pretty normal in person. Not as small as a strandberg though.

Attachments

• IMG_5448.jpeg
    IMG_5448.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 73

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I suppose he's holding it away from his body for the camera as well.
Admittedly I always had the impression they were a larger sized instrument, with a silhouette/surface area greater than an RG or Soloist.
The picture of the side profile was interesting, again I had incorrectly presumed they were a constant thickness, not tapered.
They do seem to be more appealing, however with my current budget its on a par with choosing which yacht I want :lol:

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
My 080R is slightly larger bodywise than my Ibanez S8, which is the closest in overall feel of body and how it sits as I think you'll find easily.

The S, Soloists, and the like are 7/8 size bodies, and without knowing but based on feel and recollection, the RG is slightly bigger, leaning more towards a Strat size outline. Haven't had my hands on a Strat in a long while, but I'd say my 080 is maybe very slightly wider and longer in the body, but I'm not sure. They're very close though IIRC.

Again from recollection, I think Strats are 13" wide and 17" or 17 1/4" long, and Soloists are 12 1/8" or 12 1/4" x 17 1/2". Take these numbers with a grain of salt as those are what I can recall and are supported by quick searching.

Weight wise, my Evertune loaded 080R is actually slightly lighter than my Black SL2H it seems and maybe a touch lighter than my Black Cherry SL2H, but those two seem close. My black SL2H is a bit of a chunker at a hair over 9 pounds. I'd say the 080 is 8.5-8.75 pounds. My S8 likely at least 1 pound lighter.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Not sure how the perimeter exactly compares to a horizon but I recall the impression overall is a feeling of width because the body is so much flatter. Also the edges along the arm of an 060/070 are much sharper than on a horizon, so there is more "dig" into the forearm.

Dudley

Reaction score
The 060 feels pretty ‘standard’ to me, but I do quite regularly get a bit of a ‘holy fuck this thing is massive’ vibe when I pick up my 070. Haven’t played a 7 string ESP/Ibanez in a while to compare it to, but compared to my Mayones Regius 7 strings it feels like a big body, which in itself is surprising as I used to think of the Regius as being a big body.

Don’t have measurements so it could be the case my perception is totally skewed for some reason, but that’s definitely the impression I have when playing. Maybe it’s just the longer scale length messing with my head *shrug*

Last edited:

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
For me, my 060r felt smaller than all my other guitars despite at first glance having “round hips.”

I think it feels smaller because of how thin the body is tbh

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Has anyone played their Aristides with the back plate removed? These really reverberate a lot but I wonder if it’s really from the body materials or the huge cavity.

')