ART DST-825 Rules Breaker 212 hybrid combo

• Thread starter TMM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:
ART DST-825 Rules Breaker 120w MIDI hybrid guitar combo.

This will be heading to eBay in the next day or so if I don't get some interest pretty quickly, but I wanted everyone here to have first dibs.

This is a hell of an amp, and I'm only selling it because I have 2 (also have the ART DST-8080 head from the same series), and I would like to pick up some more speakers and pickups.

If you don't have experience with the ART DST series yet, these are some of the most versatile, great sounding guitar amps created, IMHO. If you want to hear them, just listen to most of Tony MacAlpine's earlier albums - the DST-825 was one of his main amps for a while. The extreme versatility of this amp owes no small part to a sweepable midrange, that allows you to tailor the amp's tone, and as it has a tube preamp, this also affects it's responsiveness.

Note that the features are split up into head / cab - that's right, this is constructed with the intention that the actual amp can be removed and rackmounted if you'd prefer. The head is a 2u unit, and will fit in a shallow rack case.

Head features include:
- 5-channel operation
--> Xtreme - as you might expect, extremely high gain levels, great for all genres of metal & shred
--> Roar - mid to high level gain, think of a JCM800 on steroids
--> Stack - Plexi-style tone
--> Clean Tube - warm, buttery, chimey clean that can get dirty on higher gain settings
--> Crystal - as the name implies, this is a crystal clear, high-headroom clean setting
- MIDI programmable / controllable
- tube preamp
- solid-state Pearce 120w stereo dual monoblock power amp w/ individual volume controls
--> this is another key element of the DST series tone - Pearce poweramps are incredibly high in quality and clarity
- programmable gain / treble / bass / volume / fx mix / mid / mid sweep
- presence switch for poweramp (loose / tight)
- input gain switch (hb / sc) - adds extra gain and low-end
- cabinet-modeled XLR direct output (switchable between 412/212 tones)
- high-quality built-in programmable 24-bit DSP effects - all the basics covered here, and some others (such as pitch shift)
- separate preamp / effects bypass switches - this allows you to use the amp as an extension powered 212 cab w/ effects
- parallel programmable effects loop

Cab features include:
- Solid birch construction
- (2) Celestion V30 (UK) speakers, wired for stereo operation (though I can wire for mono if you'd prefer)
- 2u built-in rack (825 head is currently mounted here)
- Basketweave grille
- Tolex covering
- Leather-covered handle

Modifications (if any):

Accessories (hardshell case etc):

Location (City,State or City,Country):
NH, USA

Contact Info (No Phone #s)
PM me

References (eBay or other forum userid):
iTrader here, or forayear on eBay

Price (include currency and if firm/obo):
$375 shipped/insured CONUS OBO for the combo
$225 shipped/insured CONUS for just the head portion

Pictures:
5185_1.JPG

!BOkV,Z!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKi0EjlLmV1mnBJvVoHGwqQ~~_1.JPG

!BOkVku!BGk~$(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLm,WWnBJvVo,33dg~~_1.JPG

6df4_1.JPG

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
ohh darn.. I was all excited cause I might be looking for the rackmount ART DST.. but damn this isnt it =[ Did you like it? I never knew Tony Mac's earlier album was on these.. That almost confirms my wanting a DST-4 (TMac is my 2nd fav guitarist of alltime) hah

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
ohh darn.. I was all excited cause I might be looking for the rackmount ART DST.. but damn this isnt it =[ Did you like it? I never knew Tony Mac's earlier album was on these.. That almost confirms my wanting a DST-4 (TMac is my 2nd fav guitarist of alltime) hah

Hey Nick, the DST-825 can be rackmounted too. It's the same thing as the rackmount 8080, except it's 120w instead of 160w, comes inserted in the 2-space rack of the cab, and has 1 more channel than the DST-4 (the 8080 and DST-4 don't have the Crystal channel).

Yes, I really like it, which is why I'm still using the 8080. I mostly use the Xtreme channel, which both have, so one isn't better than the other there.

UPDATE:
Added real pics.

Also, I'd be willing to sell just the head portion of this at $225 shipped/insured CONUS.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Goin' to the 'bay today
:bump:

Also, price drop so that 7str.orgers have the better deal:

$375 shipped CONUS (w/ cab)
$225 shipped CONUS (head only)