As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Another cheesy cd title from AILD...

but this CD is pretty freaking sick \m/ :hbang: :metal: :mf666: you guys should check it out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

god9

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, another promo disc is leaked...I downloaded it

It is fucking awesome guys, pick it up.

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
They have the whole album up on their Myspace page right now. This cd KICKS ASS, and is DEFINENTLY my favorite of theirs' hands down. :hbang:

navab

Reaction score
I heard they stepped away from their metalcore root and started incorperating some thrash, is this true?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I heard they stepped away from their metalcore root and started incorperating some thrash, is this true?

Well, at least their vocalist isnt trying to sound like james hetfield.

Shaman

Reaction score
Ugh, I have heard this before! There's like a million bands that sound exactly the same.. "We have more trash on this album".... rrright

And the mentality of "Hey we have to put a blast beat here to prove we are down with the ug scene" "We need to put some melodic singing in here so the kids can sing along"

It's like there is a formula going on, and nothing really stands out. :noplease:

Okay, it's not a bad band, but the music is so predictable and sterile.

But well, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and every one of them stinks more or less :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
lol yeah Shaman, AILD is supposed to be awesome live though, so I guess that's what sets them apart :shrug: I need to see them sometime.

includao

Banned
Reaction score
Ugh, I have heard this before! There's like a million bands that sound exactly the same.. "We have more trash on this album".... rrright

And the mentality of "Hey we have to put a blast beat here to prove we are down with the ug scene" "We need to put some melodic singing in here so the kids can sing along"

It's like there is a formula going on, and nothing really stands out. :noplease:

Okay, it's not a bad band, but the music is so predictable and sterile.

But well, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and every one of them stinks more or less :lol:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

navab

Reaction score
Meh. Listened to it, sounds pretty generic. Wasn't bad, but it just didn't grab my attention, unlike the new Kamelot :metal:

Axel

Reaction score
Yea it kinda bothered me that AILD were getting all this exposure and popularity when all they do is recycle old riffs but because they wear tight pants and draw a crowd that have never heard of the bands they rip off from they think they're amazing.

And don't get me wrong, they DO sound great live, but as pointed out they just aren't that original. Practically every song I hear from their older albums I can find the same riff almost note for note in old Fear Facotory, Edge of Sanity, At the Gates, Soilwork albums etc

What surprises me now upon listening to the new album is that people aren't catching on. I mean for crying out loud the second song (Nothing Left) sounds just like Metallica's "Blackened" come on guys! They're not even making an effort to rip off from more obscure bands anymore. :nuts:

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
I will be getting this on Tuesday.:hbang:

Although I do see the resemblence to "Blackened" on "Nothing Left". But I'm a pretty big AILD fan so one song is okay in my book. As long as the whole thing is a ripoff of Metallica.

')