As i lay dying

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
I proly get crap but im big aild fan. Wondering if any others here like them. And also any news if their done? Getting a new singer? I figure tims going to jail for a while.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Not too into them anymore but they were my favorite band when I was 14-16/17 and they're who got me into the idea of writing my own music so I owe a lot to them.

I actually talked to Tim about religion once a few years back and he was incredibly humble. Sucks to see everything that's going on with him.

bouVIP

Reaction score
They are still one of my favorite bands right now. Of course the whole Tim thing is heartbreaking, but still doesn't stop what they did do before from being awesome.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
They will always be one of my faves. My band sounds alot like the with pantera, black dahlia, with my peter joseph leads and solos style.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
They're great. I had front row for em when I saw them live in Edmonton at the Shaw Conference Center in April 2009 along with God Forbid, Municipal Waste, Children of Bodom and Lamb of God for the No Fear Energy tour. SICK, SICK show!
As I Lay Dying put on a killer show along with the rest of the bands.

Since Tim was sentenced, I haven't checked em out. I didn't see any updates from they're fb page or anything. It won't be the same with some other dude on vocals, nobody will sound like Tim. Ever.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
^ Iv got to see them a few times live and the where awesome every time. Got a guitar pick from nick! I hope they go on even if its with a new singer.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Yeah it will suck if Nick and Phil don't record they're sick riffs and heavy breakdowns along with Jordan. Even if they put out an instrumental album that would be insane!

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
I've been a fan for a pretty good while (since 2004-05 maybe?). Only got to see them live once in Indiana. It was Unearth (I think) opening the show (which we missed because we were super late), AILD which I thoroughly enjoyed and Slipknot which was kind of meh IMO (I only really liked their first 2 albums). I still love 'em though.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
They could easily continue as Suicide Silence is with Eddy. Not comparing there situations but, just based on the fact that there are tonnes of adequate vocalists who could fill in/replace.

If they get a vocalist who can put on a show similar to Tim they're good.

wat

Reaction score
Haven't listened much since the 2nd album but everything they've done is pretty rockin' and they can bring it live. Man I can't believe its been 10 years since Frail Words Collapse released.

WTF happened! Man I'll always miss those days when I was in high-school and that kind of music was new and exciting, or at least new to me.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
One of my favorite bands, helped shape my playing from the early days. Never got to see them live sadly, had a chance to see them for free up here at PSU before I was at main campus but nobody wanted to go with, 3 days later the news about Tim broke...

same with Suicide Silence though too, they were headlining All Stars Tour and my friend who was driving was beat so we left before them..not even a week later Mitch died.

I have terrible luck

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't give a crap about them until seeing them live some years ago. Definitely one of those bands that doesn't translate as well recorded, no matter how high quality the production.

')