itsthezex

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents,

Do check out my band, Ascariasis (links below)! We're 4 piece from Burlington, Ontario, and we...seem to be up-and-coming haha. We've been featured multiple times on some awesome metal sites (Heavy Blog Is Heavy actually premiered our single, Torchbearer, which can be seen here: HBIH EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: New Ascariasis Song, “Torchbearer” - Heavy Blog Is Heavy) and our fanbase is constantly growing. So if you're interested, do check us out!

ALSO, FOR ALL GUITARISTS IN THE TORONTO, GTA (CANADA) REGIONS:

We plan to perform in late August, and we're looking for another guitarist to join us on stage. We're a tech metal band mainly stationed in Burlington, Ontario. Our plans are to headline, so if you do happen to be interested, you'd need to learn 5 (I think?) songs in a fairly short period of time. To be blunt: it really doesn't matter to us of what experience you have on stage, as long as you practice and you know your instrument well enough to play our songs. You don't really need to worry about a good live rig or transportation from venue to venue either. I should probably mention that you'll need a 7 string guitar and should be open to tuning it the liking of our music. We're fairly young dudes and we like to have a good time as well, so you should probably keep that in mind haha.

Anyway, we plan to release our full length just prior to playing these shows, but nonetheless you can check out our bandcamp here (where we've released our first public singles): Ascariasis
And our facebook:
Ascariasis | Facebook

Be sure to reply or pm me if you're interested!

Thanks,
- Mike

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jamsea

Reaction score
We played in Burlington last week at the Red Rooster with Mojave Bloom, Reverse Collapse, Arieth and Slyde, we had a blast there!

This song is really tight, keep in touch. I'll try to get you guys on the bill with us if our early September Burlington gig works out.

BTW, awesome Baptized in Blood t-shirt. We're playing with them and Threat Signal at the end of August in Windsor :) They played out our CD release show in April too, awesome guys, excellent musicians.

itsthezex

Reaction score
We played in Burlington last week at the Red Rooster with Mojave Bloom, Reverse Collapse, Arieth and Slyde, we had a blast there!

This song is really tight, keep in touch. I'll try to get you guys on the bill with us if our early September Burlington gig works out.

BTW, awesome Baptized in Blood t-shirt. We're playing with them and Threat Signal at the end of August in Windsor :) They played out our CD release show in April too, awesome guys, excellent musicians.

That sounds awesome dude.
Just out of curiosity, do you guys have any capable guitarists willing to help us out in a couple of weeks? We're desperate. :bowdown:

bhakan

Reaction score
The guitarist of this band posts here, I'm pretty sure he has a thread in the live performance section right now.

Sikthness

Reaction score
Sounds like they are talented and have some good riffs, but that guitar tone just really rubs me the wrong way. Would be interested in hearing with some better production for sure

Quantumface

Reaction score
forgot to add, that this is awesome as fuck too, minus the vocals. Might just be the vocal production though.

mdterpy

Reaction score
yeah i thought it was pretty damn cool too. I'm not much of a production freak but i'm loving the tone and i think the vocals blend pretty well with the song. It needs a bit more bass butfrom what I can hear the basslines are pretty sick too

just thought it was an interesting find you all might like!

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Yeah I've made a few posts about them on our site. They seem to be pretty cool dudes and we got along so they released that song through us exclusively :p

Here's another song:

For the safety of your eyes and mind, don't google the band's name.

stevemcqueen

Namby Pamby
Reaction score
Yeah I've made a few posts about them on our site. They seem to be pretty cool dudes and we got along so they released that song through us exclusively :p

Here's another song:

Why did you tell me not to google the band's name? Naturally that was the first thing I did. I am scarred.

Reaction score
I was expecting this to be more trendy deathdjentcore nonsense and I was very pleasantly surprised. I think they need a better vocalist as the music is very big sounding, yet the vox don't match..but other than that I dig that song. Mark me as impressed..and I normally hate almost everything.

Remission

Reaction score
Interesting band, kinda reminds me of all thing's set aside-era veil of maya, with more meoldic hooks.

And i told my girlfriend to google their name, and she did, like a boss, haha.

Sikthness

Reaction score

Here's another song:

Ah this song is much better i think. The vocalist is awful though. Easily the weakest link in this band, in my most humble of opinions. With a better vocalist this would be a killer band