Ash Wednesday appropriate NGD

• Thread starter teqnick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Coincidentally, this bad boy showed up in time for the holiday I forgot existed.

Skervesen 4ap
Swamp ash top and wings
Ovangkol center tone block
BKP warpigs
Ovangkol/wenge/flamed maple neck.

In depth review and pics coming soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teqnick

Reaction score
I guess I'm not allowed to edit the original post, but after spending a few hours with the 4ap last night , here's what I can safely say.

Build quality is most definitely on par with my Mayones. The main difference, is this guitar feels like its meant to be played, whereas my Regius was so pristinely finished, it felt like an art piece. The 4ap feels like a top tier workhorse.

I know people's chief complaints with these has been sound, but acoustically it is just as loud as the regius - and while the notes don't resonate as much, it is a bit more snappy. Plugged in, it's very aggressive. Not huge "wall of sound " aggressive, like the Mayo, but very focused.

I'm not sure how I like the Warpigs yet. The bottom end is a bit boomy for me, and I've had to tweak my amp settings a lot to try and tame it. The ragnaroks are definitely a more refined warpig, as it has the same snarl and upper-mid roll off, but the bottom is tighter and punchier. The warpig cleans are ultra jazzy, and the neck is my favorite neck offering from BKP so far.

The neck is uber comfy, and as you've heard before, has a teardrop shape that tends to taper as you get to the upper registers. Definitely flatter than the Regius neck, with less pronounced shoulders.

I'm happy with the overall finish and craftsmanship from Skervesen here. Poland is cranking out some amazing guitars.

Here are pics from the previous owner. I could take some of my own, if only I could stop playing it lol.

Last edited:

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
ya if my 4ap was a 27 or a multiscale I would have kept it. One of the best playing 7s I ever held. other then my other skervesen.

teqnick

Reaction score
ya if my 4ap was a 27 or a multiscale I would have kept it. One of the best playing 7s I ever held. other then my other skervesen.

What I really like about this, is even though it's 27", it plays like a regular scale length, which is awesome...Either that, or i'm used to baritones now, and 25.5 feels like an ibanez gio :lol:

Latest posts

')