Asked Daath about using 7 strings on the new album...

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OmertaDave

Reaction score
Sweet man, Emil is a beast of a player and i'm really looking foward to hearing what he can do with a 7. :hbang:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I bought The Concealers the other day, brilliant album. So heavy riffs and their tone is perfect. Would be interesting to see how their style translates into lower tunings.

Steve08

Reaction score
Emil does have a 7 string right now or he will soon, I asked him a few weeks ago at my lesson and he said PRS were making him a custom one. I can ask him this Tuesday to see if that's still in the works if y'all want.

And yeah, he said there'd be some crazy altered tunings on this'un... don't think he will play the 7 on it though.

(btw, to those interested... he is a GREAT teacher!!)

yetti

Thrashsquatch
Contributor
Reaction score
(btw, to those interested... he is a GREAT teacher!!)

I've been meaning to talk to him about some lessons, but I always forget.

Side note: If you're ever at a Daath show and Kevin Talley asks you to play Superman, just say no. Trust me on this. :lol:

Duke318

Reaction score
I was referring to whether there was going to be 7 string stuff on the new album. I'm going to guess probably not?

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I was referring to whether there was going to be 7 string stuff on the new album. I'm going to guess probably not?

Oh right, well from what I've heard and what it seems Emil has said to you, its always a possibility. :shrug:

WillingWell

Reaction score
Woah woah, does Emil do online lessons or is this like a thing where you show up at a Daath show and he does them?

Steve08

Reaction score
Woah woah, does Emil do online lessons or is this like a thing where you show up at a Daath show and he does them?
Yeah, he does online lessons. I can ask him any questions you guys have since I do them every week if y'all want :D

And in response, I don't believe there will be 7 string stuff, but like I said he will have a 7 sometime soon.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Loving the news about the tunings and sevens! ....the synth..not so much. :lol:

Latest posts

')