Assimilated Mind Phase

Reaction score
Yoooooo This is Mark from the band Assimilated Mind Phase, just wanted to post on here to see if anybody would be interested! We have released two EPs for name your price download on bandcamp so feel free to have a listen and share.

It's kind of an experimental/ambient/tech/djent/something with lots of shredding :shred:

Here is our link.
Hope you enjoy
Assimilated Mind Phase

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

adb

Banned
Reaction score
Involuntary Deconstruction was my AOTY for 2010

Omega wasn't as jaw-dropping but still very good

sucks that so many people jock sumeriancore instead of this

Reaction score
Thanks a ton brotha! We're working on a new one hopefully for release this year a bit more in the vein of the first EP. It's back to the tech!

adb

Banned
Reaction score
Good to hear.

I'm listening to ID right now, I still can't believe there's music that is as good as, if not better than Special Defects at times in terms of overall atmosphere from the rhythms/leads.

did you play the leads on NiL? It sounds like it would fit on ID in terms of "I want to collapse and die this is so goddamn relentlessly good."

Reaction score
Actually I believe Nil was all Kevin! He is badass. Kid is only 17 lol. Serious freak. I am 27 and feel like a creepy pedophile collaborating with him...but the kids got the right stuff I tell ya. lol
he knows how to make metal and does a whole lot of it.:shred:

Valknut

Banned
Reaction score
For the first 2 minutes it sounded like robotic insects were raping my ear. But after the song kicked in it was pretty good. I liked the diminished run at around 2:50 or so. the riff at 5:43 was a great way to transition from the ambient stuff before it. and of course the diminished stuff at 6:20 was sick, and the crazy solo after it was also cool. Then rhythmic chugging with erie harmonized melodies on top of it. good stuff. Ohh i think i'm liking where its going from 8:35. mm. this solo is nice and exotic. and the echo harmony part is awesome haha. it continues on till around 10:10 until some cool major sounding arpeggios come in and spice things up. nice. but you guys really like the diminished stuff huh? haha. and i'm liking the clean/acoustic stuff going on at around 12:30. very cool man. sounds like the inside of the curiosity shop in zelda: majoras mask. haha. and the bass is cool. yay i was waiting for a solo to come in over such a cool atomosphere you created. the one at 14:10 or so is really cool. and more diminshed except its on the acoustic. yey. oh and now its building up and changing directions with the bass now it seems. I dig it.. Ohh thats a cool diminished pattern there. Oh wow and its kicking in full force now. Haha. This is dope. And 16:00 is very cool with the tremolo picking harmony. And the echoy solo afterwards is very nice. you guys werent lying about there being a lot of shred huh? 17:00 = headbang moment. kinda hard for me to hear the lead going on at 17:30 though. 18:10 and onward out is pretty droning and creepy. like something is going to sneak up on me and scare me. lol. and then it ends.

Pretty good man. experimental isn't my style really, but i still enjoyed it for what it was. rock on dudes

Reaction score
LOL I loved reading this review. Yes I do abuse the shit out of some diminshed runs ahahha! Not enough people have the knowledge to call me out on it lol! But yeah those are my fault, I do all the lead stuff on the album except for one...and guess what scale Kevin used in his...
hahah
:hbang:

Kruxx

Reaction score
I really dig Omega its frigging mind blowing stuff, the intro is right up my ally too, all in all well done chaps:hbang:.
And thanks for putting it on bandcamp too its nice to be able to try before you buy.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Digging this ShredMurder :yesway:

Gonna check some older stuff you have too after this finishes.

Also I posted your link in the Meshuggah forums :cheers:

Edit: is that all acoustic guitar at 12:35ish... almost sounded like a bouzouki? :)

diminished leads ftw

Reaction score
Thanks a ton for checking this stuff out and helping to spread the good word!! The first AMP EP "Involuntary Deconstruction" is quite a bit more technical and in your face. I've talked to Kevin about the next one, we'll definitely be doing a full length of crazy tech stuff next time :)

Hopefully to be released late this year.

@Wookie-Yeah it was all acoustic guitar...Kevin was tuned to C-Standard for OMEGA so I used Drop-C on my acoustic and bass for all those parts in the middle. mic'd the acoustic with a condenser. Wish I had some gnarly ethnic instrument to throw in there! haha totall would have fit the part.

Also for anyone else interested I have a couple other projects on bandcamp for download. Here are the links feel free to pass them around!

(Melodic Metal)
Soul Cycle

(Genre-Mash Comedy Metal)
The Global Warming Extravaganza

')