Astraeus - "Infinite Singularity" (Axe Fx II w/ FW10 and new 6160 II)

Timelesseer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Axe Fx's FW10 blew me away with how awesome of an update it was. Just so happened to come out at the perfect time for my band as we were just about to do reamps for the song we released on Sunday. After cycling through all our old patches and some new amps, we decided on giving the new 6160 II a shot and it turned out awesome.

All guitars were tracked with an Ibanez RG1527 with a Crunchlab/Liquifire set. Dist tones were 6160 II and the cleans were Shiver Clean.

Let me know what you think!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lawizeg

Reaction score
Reminds me of Entities. I do like the clean tone a lot! But I feel like the heavy tone is...dry? Not sure. It may just be the sound of the riff itself. I like how it sounds too though, just something about it seems off.

Also AMAZING LOGO. :agreed:

Last edited:

Timelesseer

Reaction score
Reminds me of Entities. I do like the clean tone a lot! But I feel like the heavy tone is...dry? Not sure. It may just be the sound of the riff itself. I like how it sounds too though, just something about it seems off.

Also AMAZING LOGO. :agreed:

Thanks man! I sadly had to rush this mix due to some unfortunate computer/internet problems and self imposed deadlines (impatient band mates :rolleyes:) but still pretty happy with how everything turned out.

We're STOKED with how the logo and EP art turned out. We had it done by Bryan Shepard @ Raining Brains. Dude does AWESOME work and he was great to work with. Highly recommend him if you need any graphic design work done.

Peculate

Reaction score
So this is just the new 6160 II patch, and I presume eq'ing? Did you alter the patch? No other effects/plug-ins used? That tone is gorgeous.

Great job. Looking forward to hearing more.

Timelesseer

Reaction score
So this is just the new 6160 II patch, and I presume eq'ing? Did you alter the patch? No other effects/plug-ins used? That tone is gorgeous.

Great job. Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks man. I'd have to pull up the session to be sure but I'm pretty sure the only processing on the guitars is a high and low pass EQ and whatever stuff I had on the master bus.

Tone wise, it was the new 6160 II and the 4x12 Cali cab. I had used impulses in Pro Tools since I got my Axe in January (too lazy to load them on the unit lol) Decided to scroll through the cabs now that v10 is out and I heard several that I liked. Ended up using the Cali with the R121 mic.

Glad you guys are digging the song! We're going to do a playthrough video of it here in a few weeks :hbang:

Latest posts