At Last! Zimbloth's Band Revealed! (Blackout Content)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Truly.Fucking.Awesome. :hbang:

Nick owns almost every sad newb on here as far as songwriting, IMO. His music is some of the greatest shit I've heard. The perfect blend of brutality, melody, groove, and "frostbite." :lol:

You had some shit up there I haven't heard yet, Nick. That #3, your favorite, mine too. Wicked evil, son.

ShawnFjellstad

hates womanizers.
Reaction score
zimbloth, that's some awesome stuff there. those last two songs are phenomenal. i'd love to hear the blackout through a better amp (ul or dragon? :idea:).

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pleasantly surprised.
Too heavy-ish for my own taste, but many great qualities in these demos: great guitar playing, great song compositions and structures, etc. I see a great future for your band. :2c:

\m/

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
:hbang: great stuff nick!

i would love to hear the finish product. sign me up to buy it lol. I just really hope the vocals go well with the music :p. can i be your vocalist? lol.

do you listen to 'if hope dies" at all by chance? that first tune reminded me of them a fair bit.

PS: i find the speed to be just fine :p

Pirelli

Reaction score
Just listened through all of these. They had really great, tight playing dude. I'd be interested to hear them with vocals.

I really liked the breakdown in the first!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow I really appreciate all the nice comments. I never know what to expect from people who are listening to us for the first time. When you're a band who does something different and combines 6-7 different genres, you're always at risk of alienating some people when a song strays from someones style of choice, but I'm glad a lot of you seem to dig it.

I'll now respond to some of the comments :)

This is the first thing I was thinking when I started listening to your clips, they have like this ..."brutal clarity" to them. Is there anyway you can post one or two of them same clips say, using the Carvin, or just a different pickup? I, for one, would love to hear the difference.

Perhaps. Yeah it's really clear. It's mostly just how I play, but the blackouts and that Behringer have a really clear nice sound to it. On our real CD I'll be tracking with my Invader equipped Rico 7 as well as the blackout equipped one.

You guys have to actually witness Nick's alt-picking in person to see just how much of a fuckin' banshee he is. :lol: It's rediculous. :yesway:

Haha nice. I was pretty nervous at Drew's place actually, I thought I played terrible :lol:

Am I the only one that got a sort of Lamb of God As the Palaces Burn vibe? The tone especially.

I'm guessing you're making that comparison because I'm a huge mid-range guy and that's something they're known for too :) I'm not personally a fan of them, some of the guys in my band are though.

I'm liking these a lot, well impressed with the material. That third one with the going down to......what note is it, a G or something like that? Absolutely brilliant.

Cool man. All of our songs are in the the following tuning: ADGCFAD. No G in there, but sometimes we do those 'inverted' 4th chords that sound lower than they are as well. Although in that particular song i don't think we do :)

Yeah i can get that for sure. Sounds good. I'm used to listening to grindcore and "newer" death metal and since i can hear some traditional death metal influence in the songs it made me want more you know? How far off are you guys to actually getting a full recording out?

Right now I just am pumping out some of these types of mp3s to use in the meantime, MySpace or whatnot. Our full CD is probably a couple months away still.

I'll post more clips soon, which I think death metal fans will like more. I love DM but the way I write, I just enjoy mixing different styles into something new and fresh. I'll leave the pure DM for the masters like Nile or Cannibal Corpse :) I'm all about making our own niche right now, although me and another band member have discussed having just a pure DM side project someday.

What does your vocalist sound like? And damn people, thank the thread :squint:

He's really good. He has a lot of range, lots of character, but as of now he doesn't do clean singing. We try to make the guitars the melody, and our singer part of what makes shit heavy. It's tough to compare him, but I hear a lot of Phil Anselmo in him but different. He's not a deep growler or anything, but he's not screaming like a bashee all the time either. You'll hear him soon, I think he compliments the songs very well, but just the nature of the business dictates that a lot of people won't like his style I'm sure, which is cool :)

Truly.Fucking.Awesome. :hbang:

Nick owns almost every sad newb on here as far as songwriting, IMO. His music is some of the greatest shit I've heard. The perfect blend of brutality, melody, groove, and "frostbite." :lol:

You had some shit up there I haven't heard yet, Nick. That #3, your favorite, mine too. Wicked evil, son.

Wow, that means a lot Bob, thanks. I appreciate the praise. Thank you to everyone else who's thrown along compliments as well. :wub:

:hbang: great stuff nick!

i would love to hear the finish product. sign me up to buy it lol. I just really hope the vocals go well with the music :p. can i be your vocalist? lol.

do you listen to 'if hope dies" at all by chance? that first tune reminded me of them a fair bit.

PS: i find the speed to be just fine :p

Thanks man. I can't say I've ever of "If Hope Dies". If something I/we wrote sounds like them, that's purely a coincidence :)

I'm pleasantly surprised.
Too heavy-ish for my own taste, but many great qualities in these demos: great guitar playing, great song compositions and structures, etc. I see a great future for your band. :2c:

I hope so, we've put in a ton of time writing and developing chemistry, I can't wait to get it out there and tour as much as possible. It's such a natural high for me, I love it.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow Nick that shit is awesome:hbang: Keep it up and we want a full length album now dammit :agreed:

We joke around that our debut album should be a Double CD box set w/ live DVD because we have nearly 30 songs. We'll somehow have to get it down to 10-12 and go from there ;)

I can't wait to have a full length too :wallbash:

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Hey, you could have a 30 song album. I wouldnt mind at all :lol: I dig it since it's not "holy crap death metal" but still heavy as fuck. :metal:

LMAO @ not frostbitten enough. :lol:

And I agree with TDW, excellent songwriting.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey, you could have a 30 song album. I wouldnt mind at all :lol: I dig it since it's not "holy crap death metal" but still heavy as fuck. :metal:

LMAO @ not frostbitten enough. :lol:

And I agree with TDW, excellent songwriting.

Haha I'd like that too, but I have a feeling that would be career suicide :lol: Plus, our label would never allow it. We are going to record each and every song we have anyways though, for our own pleasure, posting online, b-sides, whatever. Just the actual CD I'm sure won't have more than 10-12 tunes :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ok for people who want something faster, try this one on for size. This is one the other guitarist wrote, kickass song, with one of the most brutal end sections of all-time IMO ;)

[media]http://www.nemecide.com/MySpace%20Demo%202007/29.mp3[/media]

_detox

lurkin'.
Reaction score
The new one is REALLY good. You guys do fast well. :metal:

It must be the midrange thing that makes me think of LoG, and the playing is a little similar too. Which is not a bad thing at all for me. :yesway:

Ryan

Reaction score
So like, how do I get that djent sound??? :lol:

I like your riffage a whole lot man. It reminds me of Blood Red Throne. \m/

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The new one is REALLY good. You guys do fast well. :metal:

I'm glad you like it. I added it to the start of the thread as well.

I like your riffage a whole lot man. It reminds me of Blood Red Throne. \m/

Thanks dude :) I've never heard of Blood Red Throne but I'll have to check it out :metal:

')