Attenuator?

• Thread starter CyBerAliEn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CyBerAliEn

Reaction score
I just purchased the Mesa Recto 2:100 power amp and it'll be arriving by the end of the week.

Obviously, it's going to be TOO loud when I'll be using it for bedroom practicing. So I'm looking to get an attenuator.

I'm looking for nice quality (yet not a few thousand $$$ lol). Most of what I've seen (and people have recommended me on another forum) is the THD Hot Plate. Looks great and all.... and call me anally-retentive, but I'd like an attenuator that is rackmount so I can just have all my crap in my rack, and not something sitting to the side on top of the rack or top of the cab.

Any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CyBerAliEn

Reaction score
Also I just saw a pic of the THD Hot Plate and I'm not sure it will work out for my situation...

The power amp and preamp both run in stereo (two channels), so I need an attenuator that is 2 channels (and preferably rack).

I'm looking myself and I'm not finding anything relevant through Google... :mad:

')