ATTN!! line 6 users

• Thread starter Jason
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
Ok, I got my rep to dig up some info... it comes with Ableton Live Lite and the GearBox software which has 16 guitar amp/cab models, 5 bass amp/cabs , 24 fx with up to 10 at once and 6 mic pre models. Quite a good deal I would say!
:yesway:

yup, that's everything. Damn, that's good. I might even ditch my POD XT, and go totally software-based, since the UX2 has balanced quarter inch outs.

With a midi foot pedal it could be a hot setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
eleven59 said:
Sorry...whaa?
Line 6 amps were known to catch on fire and short out. I hear that they've fixed that problem though. I still just don't touch the stuff. I hate digital effects. Especially Line 6.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
CaptDUCKSexy said:
Line 6 amps were known to catch on fire and short out. I hear that they've fixed that problem though. I still just don't touch the stuff. I hate digital effects. Especially Line 6.

I couldn't believe when I saw Symphony X this summer, that Michael Romeo's entire rig was a line 6 head and cab. Incredible.

Reaction score
desertdweller said:
I couldn't believe when I saw Symphony X this summer, that Michael Romeo's entire rig was a line 6 head and cab. Incredible.
Gross.

I remember when Tantric was really cool, and then they got all Line 6 equipment and now they blow ass. Their tone is about as good as Evanescence. I like Evanescence but that shitty digital tone has just got to go.

Wanna hear a joke?

Line 6 guitars.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
CaptDUCKSexy said:

I would normally agree, but Michael Romeo sounded fucking fantastic with his Caparison guitar and Line 6 amp. I was stunned. It was all he needed.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
CaptDUCKSexy said:
Gross.

I remember when Tantric was really cool, and then they got all Line 6 equipment and now they blow ass. Their tone is about as good as Evanescence. I like Evanescence but that shitty digital tone has just got to go.

Wanna hear a joke?

Line 6 guitars.

Tantric was never all that spectacular in my opinion. Michael Angelo from Symphony X has good tone, as does Ron Thal, who also uses a Vetta.

I do like Ev's tone too.

If you don't want to be perceived as a troll, I'd tone down the harsh comments. A lot of people here own and enjoy Line6 stuff. It's not right for you, and that's great, but don't shit on other people's stuff.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Polaris20 said:
If you don't want to be perceived as a troll, I'd tone down the harsh comments. A lot of people here own and enjoy Line6 stuff. It's not right for you, and that's great, but don't shit on other people's stuff.

Chill out, you two have met in person :D Shit, you both sat in the same room and watched my singer record once! Jeff, CaptDUCKSexy is Jon, the guy who was throwing out all those wack-assed comments, making us laugh while we were trying to record Jason that one day.

Jesus :lol:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
Chill out, you two have met in person :D Shit, you both sat in the same room and watched my singer record once! Jeff, CaptDUCKSexy is Jon, the guy who was throwing out all those wack-assed comments, making us laugh while we were trying to record Jason that one day.

Jesus :lol:

I'm not insulting him, I'm just saying he might want to tone it down when ragging on gear. He basically called my entire setup shit! :lol:

I'm not offended, but seeing as how Chris got pissed about my comments about Digitech, I'm just sayin'.........:D

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I like Line 6. AND Digitech. And Marshall, and Mesa. I'm a gear whore. It's all good. I've heard great tone and shitty tone from all

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
I like Line 6. AND Digitech. And Marshall, and Mesa. I'm a gear whore. It's all good. I've heard great tone and shitty tone from all

I agree wholeheartedly with that statement/philosophy. I get so much different gear in and out of here that I get to try all kinds of stuff. There are very few instances where I think "this has nothing to offer" as far as tone, feel or price as it relates to market segment.

Btw, great avatar bro. I am involved with a wolf conservation in Wisconsin. :yesway:

Reaction score
I agree as well. I'm not staying to stray from Line6, they happened to be really shitty for awhile and I hear they've fixed that. I try to get my hands on as much stuff as possible (mostly analogue). Digital is the devil and the devil is the future however, which saddens me everyday.

Jeff, if you were confident in your gear you wouldn't get offended. It's a piece of lifeless equipment that has nothing to do with you as a person. I hear people rag on Peavey day-in and day-out and it doesn't bother me; maybe that's me, or maybe I have faith in my gear.

Vince, thanks for all the kind words n such. I don't think that that Symphony X guy's tone was that much attributed to his gear. Metallica has switched gear through every album and you can still tell when they're playing...

Did I miss anybody?

Love,

DUCK

PS - Vince, I have a shirt that some friends gave me back in high school that says CAPTAIN on it and it has a tugboat. So there...ha!

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
I agree wholeheartedly with that statement/philosophy. I get so much different gear in and out of here that I get to try all kinds of stuff. There are very few instances where I think "this has nothing to offer" as far as tone, feel or price as it relates to market segment.

Btw, great avatar bro. I am involved with a wolf conservation in Wisconsin. :yesway:

Dude, that's great! I'm a longtime wolf-lover/advocate as well. It made my heart feel good when I heard news of the gray wolf being successfully re-introduced to Michigan, which is just next door to me! (Although the wolves are quite a ways North.) How do things stand in Wisconsin? Probably about the same as in Michigan, with them being threatened/endangered I imagine. That is native wolf territory... all through that region, UP Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
CaptDUCKSexy said:
Jeff, if you were confident in your gear you wouldn't get offended.

Polaris20's quote from the other day said:
I'm not offended, but seeing as how Chris got pissed about my comments about Digitech, I'm just sayin'.........

I have been around internet forums long enough to know that people aren't going to like what I like all the time. No biggie.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Dude, that's great! I'm a longtime wolf-lover/advocate as well. It made my heart feel good when I heard news of the gray wolf being successfully re-introduced to Michigan, which is just next door to me! (Although the wolves are quite a ways North.) How do things stand in Wisconsin? Probably about the same as in Michigan, with them being threatened/endangered I imagine. That is native wolf territory... all through that region, UP Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin.

Very cool bro! Yea, pretty much the same except plans have also begun to federally reclassify or delist the gray wolf by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
To go from threatened to a nonlisted, nongame species when the wolf population reaches 350 means that as soon as there is a federal declassification they can:
- euthanize "nuisance" wolves
- private citizen lethal control by permit
- landowner may kill wolf attacking livestock
- If they maintain a 350+ population and get the decalssification there will also be legalized public hunting

Nice. I love the forward thinking mentality- Now that we have a stable controlled population, let's make it legal to kill them. :wallbash:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
Very cool bro! Yea, pretty much the same except plans have also begun to federally reclassify or delist the gray wolf by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
To go from threatened to a nonlisted, nongame species when the wolf population reaches 350 means that as soon as there is a federal declassification they can:
- euthanize "nuisance" wolves
- private citizen lethal control by permit
- landowner may kill wolf attacking livestock
- If they maintain a 350+ population and get the decalssification there will also be legalized public hunting

Nice. I love the forward thinking mentality- Now that we have a stable controlled population, let's make it legal to kill them. :wallbash:

Who in their right mind would want to hunt a wolf?

I love hunting, but I'm actually against any hunting of non-prey species. Basically, nature has predators for a reason, and they generally are not hunted in nature. Especially apex predators like wolves. Yeah, good logic by the government. Remember when the R's used to be strong conservationists like Teddy Roosevelt?

At least the wolves are maing a comeback. Man, did you see what a time they had re-introducing them in Yellowstone? Ridiculous. And all the problems that were there before the re-introduction because of the lack of a large predator like the wolf? Short-sightedness in pursuit of the dollar rules.

Sorry to hijack. Back to Line 6! :wavey:

')