Attraction preferences=racism?

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was talking to a friend of mine who was telling me that he was really into this girl we know..she's black..he's white. Somehow during the discussion we were talking about what I find to be attractive and I told him I'm usually not into white guys. He seemed offended by such a thing, telling me it was racism. I sort of..kinda...maybe...a LITTLE see his point..but the things I like in a guy, I don't normally find in white guys, so I'm not all that into them. Of course there are exceptions, but I mean as a general rule. I suppose when I gave him the list of exact reasons he took it a little personal for some reason, but on the flip side I know white guys and girls who aren't into black guy/girls. I don't see them as racist, it's just a preference. Who ever said the sexual part of your brain has to be equal opportunity?

So I figured this would make a nice (or horrible..don't know yet) discussion on your view on it. Let's be honest about this and DON'T TAKE THE THINGS WE SAY HERE PERSONALLY. Ya can't help who/what you're attracted to..so chime in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
To be honest, I agree that it's more of a preference thing - except when it's based on racist beliefs in general. There's a difference between "I'm not attracted in general to black guys" and "I hate black guys so I'm not attracted to them".

That said, I'm pretty much an equal-opportunity slut... :rofl:

Reaction score
That said, I'm pretty much an equal-opportunity slut... :rofl:

We know you are:fawk:

But yeah I dunno..I'm not against dating a white guy..it's just I rarely see one I'm seriously attracted to. I see some that are cute or whatever, but they just don't have that "godDAMN" kinda thing.

Flax6177

Reaction score
Well what is unattractive to you about white guys? Is it the color of their skin? or just that more often you find that white men do not exhibit sexually attractive characteristics?

its only racist if you are discriminating against them because of the color of their skin.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Well, for some, it is a straight-up racist thing, while for others, it is a preference thing. I for one am usually all about the exotic-type girls, you know? I've always had a thing for dark-skinned women, and I saw the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life at a tattoo shop last month, and she was a fine black lady. And it wasn't just me. As soon as she walked in, everyone in the shop's jaw was on the floor. But then again, my girlfriend is white and I also think she's beautiful. Sooo I think what it comes down to is, any level-headed person will really just agree that beauty is beauty, regardless of skin colour and/or ethnicity, and it really is all about preference.

Reaction score
Well what is unattractive to you about white guys? Is it the color of their skin? or just that more often you find that white men do not exhibit sexually attractive characteristics?

its only racist if you are discriminating against them because of the color of their skin.

White guys to me usually don't really have the qualities that I find attractive in a man. It doesn't have much to do with the color of their skin* than it is just looks and cultural differences I guess? It's personality and looks both.

*I have been with a couple white guys and I suppose I'm used to black guys, but I'm used to dark skin...and it was a bit strange. Skin turns more red, veins show up more clearly..those kinds of things to be honest I'm just not all that into...however on a really light skinned black guy it's not as bad, but then again they meet those other things I like in a guy..So I'm guessing it's just the trade off?

Ckackley

Reaction score
Even if it does come right down to skin color I still don't see it as racist. What's the difference in having a preference towards a skin color as having a preference for a hair or eye color ? If I have a huge attraction to Asian women does that mean I hate all other races? People are too touchy about things these days..
I prefer Ibanez guitars , but it doesn't mean I hate all other guitars ... :)

Reaction score
Even if it does come right down to skin color I still don't see it as racist. What's the difference in having a preference towards a skin color as having a preference for a hair or eye color ? If I have a huge attraction to Asian women does that mean I hate all other races? People are too touchy about things these days..
I prefer Ibanez guitars , but it doesn't mean I hate all other guitars ... :)

I agree with this. I suppose if, say, you wouldn't date a black girl because they'll steal your money for crack money..well then that would be racist. You are assuming that because she's black then she's a criminal and drug addict. However saying you wouldn't date a black chick because you like blond hair, blue eyes and pale skin...well that's just a preference

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Drakkar are the first openly gay guy on the board? hmm that's a first I think :lol: I figures statisticly it had to happen :lol:

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
Drakkar are the first openly gay guy on the board? hmm that's a first I think :lol: I figures statisticly it had to happen :lol:
If so, respect for having the courage to say so. :yesway:

Back on topic, just because you're not attracted to a specific race doesn't indicate racism. I'm not attracted to Indian chicks, even though some of the Bollywood ones are gorgeous, they just don't give me boners for some reason.

Having said that, if you were to meet somebody from your less attracted race and they were cool and you both got along well, liked each other and there was an attraction to their personality, then that's a different story and race and physical attraction has nothing to do with it then.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
It depends on what you like.

I don't believe that at all. For instance, I have a special place in my brain-lust module for petite, light skinned, redheads... but that said, a tall, truly fine dark haired, black woman would instantly trump a mediocre version the former. People who can't recognize beauty in every race either has some shallow or deep seeded bigotry going on in my opinion. This extends to people who can "only" be attracted people with tattoos, etc. See a therapist now, that's not evolution... that's some other issue. :agreed:

Reaction score
I don't believe that at all. For instance, I have a special place in my brain-lust module for petite, light skinned, redheads... but that said, a tall, truly fine dark haired, black woman would instantly trump a mediocre version the former. People who can't recognize beauty in every race either has some shallow or deep seeded bigotry going on in my opinion. This extends to people who can "only" be attracted people with tattoos, etc. See a therapist now, that's not evolution... that's some other issue. :agreed:

No..it just means you aren't into it. Doesn't mean you have something in you that hates a certain race..you just ain't into them. Not liking black women doesn't make you a nazi..for whatever tastes you may have, they may not fit the bill. You might see a black chick that is attractive..but just not to you.

Tom Cruise is attractive in the usual sense of the word...however you couldn't pay me to be into him

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
Tom Cruise is attractive in the usual sense of the word...however you couldn't pay me to be into him
He is? But he's short, got a big nose and his teeth are a bit... Mr. Ed. Then there's the fact that he's completely, utterly, bat-fucking-shit mental.

Oh, and as for the redheaded chicks. Shit yes. The chick from Mythbusters :agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

The Atomic Ass

Redefining Sound
Reaction score
Fine ass is fine ass no matter what ethnicity :agreed:

Did somebody call? :idea:

On a serious note, I can't say I wouldn't be attracted to a woman of a different race, but it probably wouldn't be one in my general vicinity. Of any race. ALL the women around my part of town are crazy gold-diggers. :lol:

Gimme a nice Japanese girl with bright red hair and green eyes... :yum:

Reaction score
He is? But he's short, got a big nose and his teeth are a bit... Mr. Ed. Then there's the fact that he's completely, utterly, bat-fucking-shit mental.

Oh, and as for the redheaded chicks. Shit yes. The chick from Mythbusters :agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

Someone finds him cute..as they do Leonardo Dicaprio, Johnny Depp, River Pheonix, the faggot from Twilight, Justin Timberlake, Ashton Kutcher, etc...all of which I wouldn't deal with period

')