Audio Assault Hellbeast - My metal review!

alessandroarzilli

Reaction score
Hello everybody! So yesterday was the Cinco de Mayo festivity and Audio Assault managed to release all their plug-ins for the day only for 5 dollars! That was a perfect time for me to try their latest amp simulator, the Hellbeast! Did any of you take advantage of that offer, too?
I always wanted to make a review of this plugin, but couldn't really find the best time to write the scripts and organize the recordings, but as soon as my fellow youtuber Lee Armitage told me it I didn't waste more seconds.
So at first glance it's very wicked looking and it's absolutely clear that they wanted to model the Randall Satan amplifier. I didn't completely like the GUI, though. I understand it should have been appealing for metalheads, so they made it completely dark black and blueish grey, but I think it could have been made a little bit brighter especially in the knobs.
Talking about the details, it's got the 6irth 6rind and 6ain controls that really help you make your own tone, other than using the standard EQ and presence controls. It's clear, however, that this amp sim is for modern metal mostly: heavy chugs and angry solos, no excuses.
Also, the Tube Screamer emulation is very good and does its job perfectly, saturating the signal as much as need.
For the cab section I maybe would have included a bit more high quality IRs, because I feel something's missing in this section.
What disappointed me, though, was that I expected this amp sim to have a lot more gain stages than it has. Even staging the gain at maximum, you can feel that it should have been pushed more onwards. Did anyone experience the same sensation about it?
However, in conclusion, I believe that this plugin is good, though. Got it for 5 bucks, it's a perfect bargain for sure. It stands a step lower compared to other very high quality plugins (NTS, Kuassa, ReAxis to name few I tried before), surely, but it's still good.
I'm neither endorsed nor sponsored by Audio Assault or any other brands, I just like to make reviews and I hope the community will like it.
If anybody wants to see my video review of it, here's the link to my YouTube channel!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts