Audio Interface Advice

• Thread starter Alcojuana
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alcojuana

Reaction score
Hello! wanted some advice on a picking up an inexpensive audio interface. new to recording. Ive been messing around with reaper for a few months. think im starting to get the hang of it so i want to pick up an interface. Ive recorded a little bit with my friends Line 6 Ux1 and wanted to know if its a worthy investment. The built in amp software is very appealing to me because i live in an apartment. my budget is $200.

Should i get the UX1? UX2? or some other interface that you would recommend. Thanks alot!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

adadglgmut

Notes from a Ghost
Reaction score
I don't really dabble too much in modelling, but if you're looking for a solid interface with mic pres, the Focusrite Scarlett series is top notch for the price range. Scarletts come with a suite of DAW based plugins, but I'm not sure what's actually in the bundle... I never did install them.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
The line 6 interfaces are definitely cool. I personally have an alesis io2 that i use. Its only $99 and it provides phantom power to your mics and has two channels.

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with the UX2, as the added value of the gearbox/podfarm plug in makes recording music very easy.

If your priority is quality preamps, perhaps you could do better than the UX series. If your recording a lot of mic'd acousic instruments, then perhaps you would be better to prioritise preamps and conversion over Line 6's software sounds.

I still use gearbox for it's convenience, recording a DI track simultaneously for reamping with real amps/mics/better interface. So as my home equipment has improved the UX2 still is useful to me. A budget interface without Line 6 software would have been retired by now if that was the route I took.

LePou plug ins offer great guitar sims for free (voluntary donations accepted), if you need something like that and choose a different interface.

')