Audio Interface Questions

• Thread starter DomitianX
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DomitianX

Oxygen Converter
Reaction score
So I am putting together my little home setup and its been a few years since the Dr. Rythmn/Tascam 4 track days.

I was looking at the M-Audio AudioFile 192 as an interface from my 8 channel Yamaha mixer. Are these decent? I am just looking for a way to get out of the mixer to Tracktion. Nothing fancy, just decent quality without something that colors the sound too much.

Are these decent? Any other recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking at the M-Audio AudioFile 192

I think that would work for what you want to do

that being said the only Maudio product I ever owned I returned cause I couldn't get it to work right with my comp...it wasn't a sound card, though

jeb

Reaction score
I'd suggest you to invest a little more and get something with a Hi-z input!! With that you can plug your guitar direct in the comp and use Amp sim softwares if needed. M-audio product are great but alot of people complaint about the drivers support.

I really really dig echo products. Really good for the price and the converters in those things just rock for the price!

I own a layla 3g... and if this thing break... I'll bought the same again!

Echo Digital Audio Corporation

Jeb

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd suggest you to invest a little more and get something with a Hi-z input!! With that you can plug your guitar direct in the comp and use Amp sim software if needed. M-audio product are great but alot of people complaint about the drivers support.

I really really dig echo product. Really good for the price and the converters in those things jut rock for the price!

I own a layla 3g... and if this thing break... I'll bought the same again!

Echo Digital Audio Corporation

Jeb

One of these: Echo Digital Audio Corporation

is perfect for my needs. Thanks for the link!

jeb

Reaction score
Durero

Tell me if you buy the audiofire 12 and how you like it!!!

:hbang:

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Will do jeb, but it will be a while as I'll be having another extended-range guitar built first.

Eventually I'll be needing 11 inputs and the 12-channel unit looks perfect for my needs.

')