(Audio Sample) Seymour Duncan Pegasus VS Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat (Vote for the best)

• Thread starter DeathMentaL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which sequence sounds best?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
Both sound good to me, but I prefer the 2nd take, which I'm gonna say is the Cold Sweat.

Inbox please and let me know. :yesway:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I really dig the second one by far.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
The first one by a MILE. Wow, I'm really in the minority here.
That's the Pegasus I'm guessing. I'm beginning to grow more fond of warmer tones these days.

Inbox? Cheers!

Chrisjd

Banned
Reaction score
Call me tone deaf, but through my bose earbuds I can't tell much of a difference other than that the second clip has slightly less girth and is just a bit more abrasive.

DeathMentaL

Unborn MentaL
Reaction score
Call me tone deaf, but through my bose earbuds I can't tell much of a difference other than that the second clip has slightly less girth and is just a bit more abrasive.

I found the highs and the strings cut through better on the second.

Simic

Reaction score
I'm guessing the second one is the cold sweat. I prefer the 2nd take althought the 1st take isn't bad at all, I kind like the warmness in it :D

Inbox the pickup order please :D

DeathMentaL

Unborn MentaL
Reaction score
I'm tempted to do my other 7s i got here, i can also do an EMG 707 plus Duncan blackouts if need be.

RND

Reaction score
Both are very nice, but I prefer the 2nd clip. Can you inbox me about which is which? :hbang:

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
I'm tempted to do my other 7s i got here, i can also do an EMG 707 plus Duncan blackouts if need be.

DOOO EEEEET!

Ant chance you might be able to mic up an amp for this one? I have a feeling the pickup will make a little bit more of a difference through a tube amp.

Thank you SO SO much for this though. :)

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
Interesting thread, I liked the second one better. I thought the first one sounded more harsh and the second smoother, which I liked. Can I get in on the next round of inboxing?

KailM

Reaction score
I liked the first one -- there was warmth and harmonic content there not present in the second. I really didn't like the second one -- it had that nasal, twangy characteristic that I dislike in all "djent" tones. My guess is that the second one is the BKP.... would like to know for sure though! :hbang:

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Really like both. I think in person (playing it) i'd probably prefer clip 1 but clip 2 is more polished sounding and would more easily fit into a mix.

')