(Audio Sample) Seymour Duncan Pegasus VS Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat (Vote for the best)

• Thread starter DeathMentaL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which sequence sounds best?

• Total voters

DeathMentaL

Unborn MentaL
Reaction score
Me and a friend of mine have had a minor debate about which pickup sounds the best and would graciously appreciate your opinion. The clip below contains the same section of one of my upcoming songs played once with each pickup.

Information about the guitars.

The Cold Sweat is inside a ESP LTD AW7 with Earnie Ball Cobalt strings (10/56).
The Pegasus is inside a PRS 24 Custom 7 String with Duncan Strings (10/60).

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/unbornmental/pegasus-vs-coldsweat[/sc]

Want to know which clip is of which pickup? Inbox me. Vote with your ears.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
I believe the CS is the second clip,which I happen to like a lil more

daveyisgreat

Reaction score
I like the first one -- it sounds warmer. But then again I'm more fond of warm guitar tones rather that cutting guitar tones.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
I like the stronger midrange in the second clip and the bass rolloff for clarity. What amp is this?

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Engl Savage (Recorded through a Kemper).

I figured it might be a modeler. Is there any EQ on the guitar or is that how it comes from the Kemper? Sounds like that model has a pretty serious low pass going on because the Engls I have played would be pretty bright with a mic in front of the cab. More top end sizzle at least.

DeathMentaL

Unborn MentaL
Reaction score
I figured it might be a modeler. Is there any EQ on the guitar or is that how it comes from the Kemper? Sounds like that model has a pretty serious low pass going on because the Engls I have played would be pretty bright with a mic in front of the cab. More top end sizzle at least.

Yes I put a low pass filter on both and a cut around 2.9k to take off some fuzz. If you want me to put it through another amp model let me know, I have a wide selection of quality profiles.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Yes I put a low pass filter on both and a cut around 2.9k to take off some fuzz. If you want me to put it through another amp model let me know, I have a wide selection of quality profiles.

Got it. Both the clips sound good. I'd definitely prefer the second in a mix though.

TheRileyOBrien

Reaction score
Second one strikes me as more of what I think of as the bareknuckle sound. First one I don't like at all. If the first one is the cold sweat then they definitely are not deserving of their $75ish premium over the competitors.

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score
I really like both, I think that if I was going to use one it would be the first one. I enjoy the warmness of it. The second one seems like it's scratchier and tighter. However, I'd still probably use the first one because of the warmness and darkness of it. If I was playing really fast stuff I'd use the second one, if I was doing more focused rhythms I'd use the first one.

Can you inbox me and tell me which one is which?

tdk24

Reaction score
You should add drums and bass to the mix. I'll bet the 2nd clip sounds better then. But yeah the first one sounds great on its own.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
I liked the second clip much better. It was much more clear and midrange-focused. I am guessing that was the BKP, but let me know? It would be cool if you could a/b those in the same guitar someday!

DeathMentaL

Unborn MentaL
Reaction score
I really like both, I think that if I was going to use one it would be the first one. I enjoy the warmness of it. The second one seems like it's scratchier and tighter. However, I'd still probably use the first one because of the warmness and darkness of it. If I was playing really fast stuff I'd use the second one, if I was doing more focused rhythms I'd use the first one.

Can you inbox me and tell me which one is which?

I've sent you the results.

I liked the second clip much better. It was much more clear and midrange-focused. I am guessing that was the BKP, but let me know? It would be cool if you could a/b those in the same guitar someday!

Results on their way to your inbox.

')