August Rush bari slap cover - wondering what you guys think of the playing/sound

• Thread starter EFooteSCH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EFooteSCH

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my second post on the forum and im still learning the ropes of it all, so i apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.
I did this video a couple weeks back after messing around with this piece for a while, and had some fun messing around with different slap patterns and echo/reverb styles to layer on top of it. any tips on how i can improve the playing and improve the sound would be greatly appreciated.
thanks a lot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
The string buzz around 1:30 kills it and I think there's too much reverb on it. Sounds like too much is going on at once, but sounds good.

EFooteSCH

Reaction score
The string buzz around 1:30 kills it and I think there's too much reverb on it. Sounds like too much is going on at once, but sounds good.

thanks for the critique! ill do another mix on it just for practice. and i know, the string buzz killed it a bit, i didn't realize till i was mixing with my monitors and it was too late to redo. :wallbash:

Allo1010

Reaction score
Really loved this track when I first saw the movie.

Brilliant cover!

')