Avatar Speaker Selection help :)

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
So, I went to the Avatar website and found out they are shipping cabs for free! (not sure if all of them, but the one I want, a contemporary 2x12, is free shipping)
Anyway, I think I might just order one since I got a decent offer for my Egnater tourmaster 2x12 from a local guy, and I need to replace that.

Now, I also have an Orange 4x12 and a Mesa boogie 4x12 (I think both are loaded with V30s) and even though I like them both, I would like to try something else, or maybe combining a V30 with another speaker for more frequency projection?

I was thinking putting a V30 with a G12T-75, or even a G12k-100, but I have no idea what that would cause soundwise :lol:
I also read good things about the eminence governors...

what do you guys think? :)

BTW I'm currently running an Orange Dual Terror.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
I recently did some experimenting with my various speakers on hand. I find I like Swamp/V30 more than G12K/V30.

I also really like G12K/Legend V12.

Swamp/TX Heat didnt deliver for me... too much swamp in that tone.

Swamp/Legend wasnt a great combo either. Too dark and round on the bottom perhaps.

If you like V30 territory, you'd probably enjoy 2x Legend V12's. I find them to be an improvement to V30. My Legend cab is the go-to when using the Dark Terror.

Iron Beard

Reaction score
v30/t75 mix sounds awesome. i did this to my marshall 1960b cab and it became my favorite cab to date. next i want to try the v30/k100 mix.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
This is the curse of GAS, isn't it? I like my sound but I want try something else :lol:

Trust me, I've been right there with you :D

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Whichever combo you choose (I'd go with either K100 or Swamp combined with V30 or Legend) it would be a good investment to ad casters to that huge 212.
Installing the 3" mesa casters on my Avatar212(k100s) really helped tighten up the feel and allow the amp's bass knob to be utilized more for fullness without getting woofy and undefined.