Avatar: The Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon's Avatar Sequel series)

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
yea, what the f will be in the next season, something totally unrelated to book 1?

Unlikely. Probably something related to anti-bending sentiment and the like, maybe the street gangs filling the power vacuum. I'm actually hoping for a finale where Kora finds a way to give the entire world bending.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
It's listed on wikipedia as being energy. So I'm expecting we will see further exploration into the spirit realm, chakras etc

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, it's all about Spirit World and they revealed everyones new outfits

I'll watch the premiere and that'll probably be it unless they've brought in new writers because it was unacceptable by the end

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching this (after a long binge of rewatching the original series, haha), and I thought it was pretty good. I even thought the last episode was great up until the last five minutes (you all know what I'm talking about), but apart from that way-the-fuck-too-hasty resolution of a HUGE plot element, I'm not too terribly bothered. It could've stood for at least another episode to draw that particular segment out, but it could've been worse.

Deffo looking forward to the neck season.

soliloquy

Reaction score
still no word on season 2. this is weird, as normally when season ends, they usually announce when the next season will be aired, even if its a whole year away...

but on an unrelated note, would love to hear similar music from the series:

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Just now watched the final two episodes. In the context of a three season series, I'm not concerned about the few minor unanswered questions
and the appearance of Aang
. In fact, I mostly just viewed the first season as a long introduction to this new world, setting up the characters and themes to be developed more fully into the second and third seasons.

I'm excited to see what happens with the fully-powered Avatar. I would rather not watch a season of angsty, depowered self-pity and journeys of self-discovery as opposed to watching a story with a bit more subtle and yet more powerfully resounding themes.

EDIT: Sorry for the huge bump, dudebros.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Just now watched the final two episodes. In the context of a three season series, I'm not concerned about the few minor unanswered questions
and the appearance of Aang
. In fact, I mostly just viewed the first season as a long introduction to this new world, setting up the characters and themes to be developed more fully into the second and third seasons.

I'm excited to see what happens with the fully-powered Avatar. I would rather not watch a season of angsty, depowered self-pity and journeys of self-discovery as opposed to watching a story with a bit more subtle and yet more powerfully resounding themes.

EDIT: Sorry for the huge bump, dudebros.

its 5 seasons now. half way through season one, nickelodeon forced avatar to sign up for another 2 seasons.

however, if you compare it to the original series, even with 5 seasons, the amount of episodes actually totals up to about 1 and a half as each season only has about 13ish episodes. the original had about 20-22 episodes...

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Sorry for the necro-bump. But has anyone heard info about the next season?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
No, but as an FYI for you guys, a good start for new information would be the Legend of Korra tumblr, along with one of the show's creators (Bryan Konietzo) Tumblr.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest. I have no idea what Tumblr even is :/ I'll look into this. Thanks!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest. I have no idea what Tumblr even is :/ I'll look into this. Thanks!

It's a blog site that's primarily used for pictures. It'll ruin most of the photos on the internet for you because you'll see them before everyone spams them on Facebook three months later.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
It is also full of terrible terrible people who don't realize their errors in judgment as they're probably still young and naive

More accurate.

It IS full of people who try to be White Knights and social justice douchebaggers so expect a good amount of what you say to be taken of context and be told to "check your privilege"

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I've been using this show as a teaching tool for my English students. I think they're hooked.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
wow, was looking for threads regarding The Last Airbender to see how was the love for the show in this forum, and apareantly, it gets lots, lots of love :lol:

now im currently watching The Last Airbender and Im finishing book 2, I was skeptical about a new series 'cause IMO TLAB had a pretty solid ending (if I remember correctly, the only plot hole was Zuko's Mother) but now you guys left me all anxious to see how the series continues :lol:

soliloquy

Reaction score
I've been using this show as a teaching tool for my English students. I think they're hooked.

i would love to be in your class!!!

but how does that work? you show them an episode and make the kids critique it? i'm just curious

i told my sister, who teaches grade 1, about the show and how you can use that to a)distract the kids b) keep them occupied c) teach them a thing or two d) inspire them via that show.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
wow, was looking for threads regarding The Last Airbender to see how was the love for the show in this forum, and apareantly, it gets lots, lots of love :lol:

now im currently watching The Last Airbender and Im finishing book 2, I was skeptical about a new series 'cause IMO TLAB had a pretty solid ending (if I remember correctly, the only plot hole was Zuko's Mother) but now you guys left me all anxious to see how the series continues :lol:

I went from loving it to not caring about it at all and found the writing to be a complete 180 from TLAB if you look at it from a non-fan standpoint.

Latest posts

')