Avatar: The Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon's Avatar Sequel series)

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
i would love to be in your class!!!

but how does that work? you show them an episode and make the kids critique it? i'm just curious

i told my sister, who teaches grade 1, about the show and how you can use that to a)distract the kids b) keep them occupied c) teach them a thing or two d) inspire them via that show.

I create a powerpoint presentation for each episode to teach them new vocabulary and grammar concepts. After presenting it and drilling the vocab/grammar for a bit, I play the episode for them. That way they'll get to hear the new language points in a real-time context, and they'll have a better understanding of what's going on in the episode, since I don't play it with Korean subtitles for them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Hey Tim, I remembered something, I made my biggest step up in English during 2 points in my life, the first one around 8 years ago (Im 18), I was living in Deerfield, Florida for a few months and watched the series everyday without subs (Ofc, speaking with the people there helped a lot too) it really improved my listening ability

the second one, after joining this forum :lol:

Somnium

DEATHGRIPPIN
Reaction score
Thuh Land of Ooo, where fake niggas don't make it
This is on my list of things to watch on Netflix, but I've been too busy reliving my childhood/teens through Courage the Cowardly Dog and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I'm still irate that they put damn near everything but The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack up on Netflix.

texshred777

Reaction score
This is on my list of things to watch on Netflix, but I've been too busy reliving my childhood/teens through Courage the Cowardly Dog and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I'm still irate that they put damn near everything but The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack up on Netflix.

Is it on Netflix? I haven't seen it pop up yet. If so, I'm not getting any sleep tonight..

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
So nicktoons just posted a status on there fb reading "Calling all AIRBENDERS!! In honor of AVATAR WEEK, we'll be posting about the show all week long, leading up to a big Avatar surprise this weekend!

CAPTION THIS: What's Aang saying to Appa?"

Could this possibly finally be an actual release date for book 2. After all the times I've been hoaxed into shit about this show before I really hope so. Also a leading blog for the show says their "source" that works with Viacom says production has come to a close. I know they have been for sure slated for more season but this shows starting to necrophagist it up.

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
Whoa, when did this happen? I've been out of the loop on Avatar, I guess.

Worry not sir I have been watching this show like a hawk for details. I'll post more the more I find out to not be a sham.

Also there seems to be a LOK game in the works also.

Dommak89

Reaction score
Man I never thought I could never be hooked to an animated show anymore since I am too old, but this and the Avatar were great shows. Hope LoK will continue soon. Are there any release dates yet for the new book?

texshred777

Reaction score
Ok, picked up the DVD of Korra yesterday. Already watched the whole season.

Won't lie, there were several moments where I just knew she was going to go all power level 9000 and enter the Avatar state. The first battle with the mechs, her battle with Tarlock, when Aman was blood bending her shit... That was probably the thing that I looked forward to the most action wise. Having skipped the first two episodes because I watched them last year when they were free on iTunes-I forgot that the theme of this first season was her finding her spiritual side.

I loved seeing the adult versions of Aang, Sokka, and Toph in the flashbacks. Really all the references-especially Sparky Sparky Boom Man- were appreciated very much.

I love the more mature themes and social commentary of this series. The art style was also great.

My only gripe was the final confrontation with Aman. Obviously it's not going to be as balls to the wall epic as Aang vs Fire Lord..but nonetheless I felt that could have been better. Minor gripe, I appreciate what they did.

And now I see there will be three more seasons..not two. So much yes. I can not wait for season 2 to get here.

In either case, bravo.

soliloquy

Reaction score
this may sound crazy....but i just picked up the DVD last week and was rewatching the entire first season.

something struck me as odd about amon, and that is:

they explained the entire back story behind amon. his past, his power etc. they only thing they didn't explain is how did he pickup the power to take people's powers away? a loop hole perhaps? or more to come?

second, amon was (IS!!!) ridiculously powerful. reason why i say 'is' is because he was able to predict what people will do around him because of his blood bending power...i wont be surprised if he figured out that tarlock was going to blow up the boat and blocked it. yes, we saw the boat blow up. but if did figure it out, he might have jumped out in time, or something. that might also give a second meaning to amon's tears in the end.

if thats the case, i actually liked amon as a bad guy. so if he did survive, i'd like to see him again, even if its a lesser role.

from what i'm hearing, the second season will have two full episodes dedicated to the VERY first avatar, apparently named 'juan' (get it, number one avatar named juan...no? oka...)

')