Avatar: The Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon's Avatar Sequel series)

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lawizeg

Reaction score
Crazy last episode, hilarious few seconds :lol:

The development is better or on par with last season i think, really enjoying the storyline. I was SO happy when they said "Chief Tonrak". I love him, he deserves it...being cheated out of the throne and all. What is with this show and banished princes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I've got some catching up to do. Still haven't seen episode 4! best get on it tonight.

soliloquy

Reaction score
not sure where the new turn of events is headed...

remember the first episode where iikie (daughter of tenzin) came across a statue of a past avatar that was on flames, and she said 'who is this?'...they never mentioned him after that . i'm assuming he is 'wan', the first avatar, but still, would like to have more info on that.

the 3rd and 4th episode they had a civil war, great! and now its gone cold....

korra having amnesia? i like it! its what i wanted right after the first season ended (that korra loses all her bending, and this season is all about her getting in touch with the spirit world)...but now i'm kinda confused as to what will happen...

hopefully they dont muck this up...

lawizeg

Reaction score
I think they'll bring it back together in the end. The war isn't 'cold', remember that Varrick stole all of Asami's mecha tanks(i presume) and Unalaq thinks Korra is dead. There'll totally be progress, they're just setting up.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Yeah but varrick only stole them to become the main shareholder of the company, and is only helping the war to get money.

He will probaly sell them to the highest bidder, north or south pole.

lawizeg

Reaction score
Yeah but varrick only stole them to become the main shareholder of the company, and is only helping the war to get money.

He will probaly sell them to the highest bidder, north or south pole.

Meh. Developments either way :)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'll probably stop watching since I was only half-interested in this season to begin with, but now it's just kind of like "Eh." Started off OK, and had potential to be big but there's so many different things going on with people having their own stories (like Mako being a cop, Bolin doing his thing, Asami running Future Industries, etc...); it just makes it weird to follow and things seemed to drop off really quickly with the Northern and Southern tribes.

lawizeg

Reaction score
I kind of see it as a mid-point kind of thing, the story is going to seem to lull somewhere...then there'll be a climax of some huge thing happening.

Then again I'm just a fangirl so I can't stop watching.

soliloquy

Reaction score
episode 7 was interesting

the new art style is very different, yet again.
i like the direction its headed to

HellGamer666

Reaction score
I really enjoyed Last Airbender and the first book of Korra but man, I feel like the show's really lost its mojo. The primary characters (Mako, Bolin, Tenzin, etc) are getting recycled and it doesn't seem like there's going to be a whole lot of development on their behalf. I think what this show lacks in comparison to Last Airbender is the presence of a major goal. I mean, having a show that's direct with no filler (like the first season of Korra) is fine, but the story's getting a little contrived and frankly, not THAT interesting. Probably going to pass on watching beyond what I already have, which is lame.

soliloquy

Reaction score
I really enjoyed Last Airbender and the first book of Korra but man, I feel like the show's really lost its mojo. The primary characters (Mako, Bolin, Tenzin, etc) are getting recycled and it doesn't seem like there's going to be a whole lot of development on their behalf. I think what this show lacks in comparison to Last Airbender is the presence of a major goal. I mean, having a show that's direct with no filler (like the first season of Korra) is fine, but the story's getting a little contrived and frankly, not THAT interesting. Probably going to pass on watching beyond what I already have, which is lame.

i kinda agree with you with the 'end destination' hasn't been developed yet. in the first series, aang new about the sozin comet and his destiny the first few episodes, and that was the 'end destination' of the series. they haven't developed that yet. but i think that works out for the better

they get to explore different avenues and make the small picture into a giant fiasco. the first season has 2 stories, pro bending, and amman. the second season has the spirit world and the war (between humans and spirit, and between north and south). i'm assuming the reason why wan was brought into this is to bring the symbolism back into avatar, that is to bring 'peace and balance' back to the world. that was the point of the first series with aang. however, it got lost as aang's story got too obsessed with the 100 year war. aang's time ended prematurely as we didn't see what else he did after he ended the war. maybe be brought more balance to the rest of the world, but we wont know.

the point of the avatar is to bring peace and balance between several different groups. people/spirits/etc.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear what the end destination is.

Find balance between the spirit and physical worlds, and find a way to bring peace to the water tribes. All while our Korra grows into being a powerful avatar.

It wasn't so fast paced during the beginning of The Last Air Bender, either. They're trying to show that there's more at stake than just the water tribes and the spirit world. He closest friends are getting embroiled in some serious shit, they're going to need her help, just like she's going to need theirs.

It was really cool what they did in the last couple of episodes. Really interesting history.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
One of the things I love about a series-long 'Big Bad,' to paraphrase Joss Whedon, is that it makes the little side episodes featuring the misadventures of characters so much sweeter. I can think of quite a few examples from Aang's journey where either he or other characters get into little adventures that don't advance the main storyline, but do provide some great characterization.

I haven't seen this latest season, so I'm not fully qualified to comment on it, but once I get off my ass and start checking it out, I'll give a much less vague opinion about it.

Anant Naag

hate frets
Reaction score
The only episodes I felt great this season were the ones about the origin of the avatar.

')