Avatar: The Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon's Avatar Sequel series)

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
zaheer and amon are 2 reasons why i like korra better than aang's avatar series.

sokka and character development is why i like aang's avatar series over korra's

Entropy Prevails

Reaction score
I´ve watched a lot of cartoons and animes in my life, none could captivate me as much as legend of korra does. It fulfills almost everything I wanted to see in such a cartoon. Every anime I watched I always find things that keep me from enjoying it, but with this its the other way around, the more I watch it the more I like it.
And I personally think legend of korra is a lot better then the original series if you take out the nostalgia factor. I really like how the series matured in every aspect. Right now I hope that the zaheer group doesnt get killed off too early and hopefully will continue on to season 4.

flint757

Reaction score
I don't think it is old enough to qualify as nostalgia just yet. It was a phenomenal series either way though. I haven't gotten around to actually watching a whole lot of Korra considering how little Nick has cared about it from the get go. Makes it hard to catch a lot of the episodes. Are all the episodes online somewhere or just this last season?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, they're definitely online. The result I use is just the first link from "Korra book 3 online"

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Yeah, they're definitely online. The result I use is just the first link from "Korra book 3 online"

Yeah Korra doesn't air on nickelodeon anymore (maybe reruns?) All new episodes premiere on their website exclusivly.

soliloquy

Reaction score
okay...so...just finished season/book 3...

from the first episode to the last, this book delivered! i was expecting it to be a let down, or for them to drop the ball like they have time and again over the last 2 books, but this one didn't. every episode was phenomenal! all characters used were great!

the only thing that kinda weirded me out was that there is no particular cliff hanger. sure, the series WAS renewed for 5 books in total. but since nickelodeon and korra went their separate ways, i'm not sure if there will be a book 4.

but if it ends in book 3, i will be more or less happy.

though for what its worth, unlike aang's series, where we knew the end destination was to stop the fire lord and the comet and all...korra seems to lack that. 'to restore balance' in my eyes seems a little too vague....although, on the other hand, the intro for aang and korra does state that 'only the avatar can master all 4 elements and restore balance to earth'

only disappointment
no blood bending. there is something about blood bending that seems so evil, invasive, horrific, yet beautiful. it creeps me out, but every time its introduced my interest level sky rockets

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Loved the ending to Book 3. Very brutal and the deus ex machina levels were kept within acceptable limits. Lots of setup for Book 4 both on the story and character fronts, something that the previous season was lacking in my opinion.

Entropy Prevails

Reaction score
Was the time between season 2 and 3 also this short? If not it probably has to do with the fact that Nickelodeon doesn´t want to market this thing anymore and be done with it. Which is a great shame. In time people will realize and blame nickelodeon for it.
I really hope that the series will continue in some kind. Season 3 was a blast.

That said I´m incredibly excited for the new season!

soliloquy

Reaction score
Was the time between season 2 and 3 also this short? If not it probably has to do with the fact that Nickelodeon doesn´t want to market this thing anymore and be done with it. Which is a great shame. In time people will realize and blame nickelodeon for it.
I really hope that the series will continue in some kind. Season 3 was a blast.

That said I´m incredibly excited for the new season!

negative. season 2 ended in late summer/early fall last year (2013) and then season 3 started late spring, early summer this year (2014).

it is nickelodeon's conservative thinking that is making korra release 4th season sooner. works for the fans :agreed:

')