Avatar: The Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon's Avatar Sequel series)

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
i find the pacing of the show has slowed down significantly...just me? it started with a loud boom episode one, but episode 10 and its so slow now...there are 4 more episodes over the next two weeks for them to pick up the pace a bit

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
i find the pacing of the show has slowed down significantly...just me? it started with a loud boom episode one, but episode 10 and its so slow now...there are 4 more episodes over the next two weeks for them to pick up the pace a bit

It's because this season will have 16 instead of 12 episodes.

soliloquy

Reaction score
i think the entire korra series doesn't believe in strong endings. the fight between korra and aamon, or unalok and korra was so anti climactic. fight between aang and fire lord Ozai was long winded and 'epic'. here, the journey to the end is epic, and the last fight just ends even before it starts.

maybe thats me?

did korra destroy the dark spirit when she destroyed unalok? she disintegrated 'them'...so, what does that make of the dark spirit?

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
did korra destroy the dark spirit when she destroyed unalok? she disintegrated 'them'...so, what does that make of the dark spirit?

I totally just binged the whole series in a day, but here is what I think
I think that he is 'gone' now, but as Raava stated, Vaatu will never be truly gone, because one cannot exist without the other, for they are balance. That is why their area of the spirit world was shaped like Yin and Yang. Both sides of the same coin and blah blah blah.

Vaatu will be back some how.

I'm more curious about 3 things:

1.) How will Korra get her memories of the past Avatar's back? You know she's going to, because a big part of the whole Avatar thing is being able to communicate with them.

2.) Will we see Eska again? I hope so. I know she and her brother are generally hated, but I thought she had the potential to be a really good development story, as well as fantastic comic relief. I believe Bolin truly cares about her, as shown in the last episode. The team is going to go to the North some time. Touching reunion is imminent. By touching, I mean "Hello, Feeble Turtle Duck. It is good to see you." with a very stoic face.

3.) What of Varrick and Zhu-Li? They are some of my favorite characters. I can't wait to see what happens when they next do 'that thing'.

KultureDekay

Reaction score
wow, are we seeing non-bald-headed airbenders there?
EDIT: Beware! episode 3-6 has actually been leaked online, supposedly in spanish!
:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
The first 3 episodes are leading up to be the best season yet.

fire kings zuko's dragon is too (for lack of a better word) EPIC

soliloquy

Reaction score
when is book 2 being released on dvd!? some sources say its august 7th. others say july 1st. online isn't being too helpful. stores are being equally annoying as they have no idea.

and i haven't started season 3 yet. soon. soon!

soliloquy

Reaction score
the first 3 episodes started off pretty promising. though, if they are any indication, comparing to the first two seasons, they always start awesome then kill it towards the end.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
It started already? Shit, I thought it was going to air this weekend but couldn't remember. I'll have to find them online.

I'm trying to remain confident in them but like so many have said, Korra always starts really strong and seems to dive off the deep end.

soliloquy

Reaction score
/\ i'm not sure if it actually started or not. i do know that several random episodes were leaked way before they were supposed to air. that forced nickelodeon's to air them earlier than anticipated.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Is it the same animation company that did season 2? There was an annoying drop in animation quality between seasons 1 and 2. I based a winter English camp around watching season 1 last year and was planning on doing the same with season 2 this summer so the kids can see what happens, but I'm almost afraid they won't like it because the animation is so damned wonky :lol:.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
when is book 2 being released on dvd!? some sources say its august 7th. others say july 1st. online isn't being too helpful. stores are being equally annoying as they have no idea.

and i haven't started season 3 yet. soon. soon!

I think it was out on DVD at my local Best Buy.

Animation looks good to me.

texshred777

Reaction score
That's disappointing to hear about season 2, Tim. I loved the animation in the first season.

I also did not realize it had already released on dvd, will be getting that in the morning after I get off work.

')