Aviator Custom Build N°2

• Thread starter seekfreed
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

seekfreed

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well ... I've done it again. I've ordered me another Aviator!

But pics first:

Mockup

All them woods

The crazy flame on the pale moon ebony fretboard

I went for a classic/contemporary hybrid build again because it worked out perfectly with the last one. Vintage looks and modern appointments for the win!

Here are the specs:

-Spitfire/Strat body shape with reversed headstock
-nitro 2 sunburst tone body finish, satin poly on neck
-black limba neck and body (if you guys have suggestions for the right pickup tell me. I've read a 15 page thread but did not get the answers I was looking for)
-HSS configuration (BKP Silo in the bridge and 62 veneer in mid and neck position)
-Freeway 10 way switch for a ton of switiching options

All I can say is that I'm super excited for this build and if it is as good as the first I will be a very happy man!

ETA about 6-7 months.

Post will be updated with pics as it goes!
Questions welcome!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That will look awesome once done. As far as the pick ups I don't see anything wrong with what you chose. I had thought of doing a Silo paired with the Irish tour middle and neck pups in a HSS style guitar. The guys at BKP said that would be a pretty nice combo when I asked. Can't way to see it!

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dude this is going to be sick . I've already got a dream bass idea , and since discovering Aviator from this site , it'll be through them . Excited to see updates .

seekfreed

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Time for some pics!

So far the body and neck are almost done. There are some minor details that I want Jan to change before the finish can be applied.

I can't wait to finally play that thing!

seekfreed

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Time for an update!

The guitar is basically done and needs a final setup before it will be shipped out to me. Once I've recieved it I will do a NGD and review after some time with it. Needless to say that I'm pretty amazed how it turned out (big bonus is the perfect weight [for me], it weighs 3.4kg). I can't wait to play it...

seekfreed

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Inspired by @Ross82 and his NGD thread I wanted to share some lazy pics I took after having recieved my Spitfire a few days ago. Unfortunately there have been some minor delays but the guitar finally arrived!
Right now I'm wearing the rose tinted glasses and the honeymoon phase too fresh to give it a thorough review. All I can say as of now is that a dream came through...!

Here are the pics:

Love the little custom tool box!

')