Awesome 8 String Bands?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
Newer Deftones stuff is all 8 string that I kow of. Also, tabs have been easy to find for me and while somewhat simple are really fun to play.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
Ihsahn's latest "After" is all 8 string work. Pretty sure Mnemic's latest was also all 8 string work as well, if not, it's in the similar range.

demigod

Reaction score
Ive been on the same quest. A shame so many bands that use 8strings are "djent" bands...which im tired of.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Ihsahn's latest "After" is all 8 string work. Pretty sure Mnemic's latest was also all 8 string work as well, if not, it's in the similar range.

Ihsahn used 6s, 7s and 8s on After. Mnemic used 7s in F# on SotS, but since they're in F#, you can play their songs on an 8.

Deftones' newest album is all 8-strings for Stef's parts, but the songs where Chino plays, as well; Chino uses 6s. Usually in E, drop D, drop C# and drop C.

Meshuggah, The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza, AAL.

TwitTheShred

Reaction score
Ive been on the same quest. A shame so many bands that use 8strings are "djent" bands...which im tired of.

I couldnt agre more, finding other interesting stuff to do with the 8th string is proveing a chalange for me, but i'm detemrined to figure out sumthing new.

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure Mnemic uses downtuned 7's as ever time I see them they are using 7's as I ermember seeing one of them with a COW 7.

demigod

Reaction score
I couldnt agre more, finding other interesting stuff to do with the 8th string is proveing a chalange for me, but i'm detemrined to figure out sumthing new.
Exactly. Composing not blatantly djent have become a bit of a challenge as of late but im just gonna delete it from my ipod :fawk: Its not like i hate djent though....

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Fellsilent never used 7 strings, and Mnemic use 7 strings tuned to F.

pathos45

Reaction score
fellsilent only used 7s in Bb,F,Bb,Eb,F,Bb,Eb for monuments browne just added a extra f to it so it has 3 diffrent octives of f and Bb pretty sick tuning. With acle in tesseract its the same as teh fellsilent tuning.

Scale the summit uses 8 and misha said new periphery will have some 8s on it.

stevemcqueen

Namby Pamby
Reaction score
fellsilent only used 7s in Bb,F,Bb,Eb,F,Bb,Eb for monuments browne just added a extra f to it so it has 3 diffrent octives of f and Bb pretty sick tuning. With acle in tesseract its the same as teh fellsilent tuning.

Scale the summit uses 8 and misha said new periphery will have some 8s on it.

Ah you beat me by mere seconds mentioning Scale The Summit!

Latest posts

')