Axe FX II - A New Era Begins

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
So, got mine for 3 weeks now...can't decide if I keep it for homerecording purposes (where its reallyreallyreally an awesome piece of gear) or sell it...for live, I will stick to the Diezel. Tried the Axe live, direct/Axe only - was "good", but not nearly as good as my usual setup sounds, and its to much of a hassle, needs to much adjustements from venue to venue - time, I do not have.

In 4CM, it doesnt interact as I would like it to do as well...clearly, its not designed with 4CM as main-use.

Also, as I had one broken unit already (a buggy bastard, right out of the box, returned it after 1 day), I somehow cannot buil up "trust" to the Axe...

wanna T7? :cool:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Question: If I have a patch I like on my Ultra, can I transfer just that one patch to my Axe Fx 2? And it will be the same patch but sound better cause its the Axe Fx 2?

You better not order an AFX2, knowing you it will arrive in the australian version with all the componants made upside down or some weird shit you didnt ask for :lol:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score

I really feel a bit tempted hahaha...

but as said, I need a few more weeks (months?) to really try everything out. When I ordreed it (10 months ago. :-/ ), I had shitloads of time, a big pile of recording-work - it would have reached me at a much better time back then..since I have it, I had hardly really time to spend with the unit...but even the moments when I had time, I had no "desire" to fiddle around with it, no shit, I just plugged straight into the POD instead..:eek:

(how much people must hate me right now....:lol:)

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Hey what the ****. I ordered some chocolates, and I get this huge black box with them :| Lame

381653_2690018682658_1022204439_2883320_1930611213_n.jpg

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Finally arrived, next time I won't put my name on a fuckin waiting list again and I'll buy it used pronto.

29111126770746790511021.jpg

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
sadly the AFX 2 won't be going used for a decent price for some time, and decent meaning for the average $2200 price.

if and when i got the dough and one does go on sale for $2200, i will jump all over it

Slamp

Reaction score
Glad to see some of our European friends are getting their II's!

Been on the waiting list since the day they announced the II in may now, got an e-mail over a month ago saying it will "soon" be ready for me:lol:

oh well, i have my ultra while i wait:metal:

simulclass83

Reaction score
Just placed my order. The wait is killing me. Sad part is I won't be able to play it until I get a power amp. Any suggestions for cheap tube power amps?

OR

Should I sell my cab and go FRFR?
If so, recommendations?

Hirschberger

Gear Junkie
Reaction score
Anyone wanna tell me how long it took for them to receive their AxeFX II upon ordering it? I'm moving out in a few weeks and want to make sure I can order it now and have it arrive before I leave.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
BTW: Firmware 4.00 is up

Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 4.00 Up - Page 6

"Added “FAS 6160” model. This model is based on the PVH 6160 model but more open and less fizzy than the original amp. Also, a virtual choke has replaced the resistor found on the original’s power supply filter. This results in a bouncier feel."

I will definitely try this one out tonight.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Anyone wanna tell me how long it took for them to receive their AxeFX II upon ordering it? I'm moving out in a few weeks and want to make sure I can order it now and have it arrive before I leave.

There's really no way to guarantee it although the waitlist is moving very quick and coming to the end.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^I've only been waiting three months thus far, still trying to be optimistic.

If I have my 2 by v6.0, I'll be happy.

')