Axe FX II - A New Era Begins

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I'm curious about this unit, but I'm most pleased with how cheap backups for my Ultra will start filling the classifieds and Ebay. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ST3MOCON

Reaction score
wow its only going to retail for $2199! I was expecting twice as much as an ultra. i wonder whats going to happen to the ultras value? very exciting news.

buffa d

Reaction score
So is this going to replace the ultra?

edit. The unit seems interesting enough. I'm sure it'll sound great, but I have absolutely no need for one right now.
My standard does the job VERY well :D

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
It's funny to read peoples "I HAVE TO HAVE THIS!" post when they haven't even heard it yet.

I do agree with you that we still have to hear how their new processing sounds, but considering how awesome the original model sounds I think it's at least somewhat understandable that people already want this so badly. Not to mention that some of what they added to the new unit are things that many people have explicitly asked for, and that if their new processing isn't super amazing right off the bat it can be improved with firmware updates down the road.

I'll be getting along just fine with my Ultra for now since the new model doesn't make it sound any less amazing. Also as was said earlier, good things come to those who wait, so I guess I'll be getting along fine with this thing until Axe-Fx III :lol:

Zenerith

Reaction score
g66.eu is still at countdown 1, i'm pressing the refresh button every now and then to check if i could actually order the new unit :p i bet it will take them a week to update the site and they'll go "tadaa, here's the surprise revealed, Axe-Fx II !!!" and everyone will be like "yeah yeah, we heard about it a week ago-.-"

cyb

Tune Low Play Slow
Reaction score
looks amazing, but I feel bad for those who have bought ultras in the past few months...I sure would like to have one but I'm just a bedroom wanker and I cant justify the cost...

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
It's funny to read peoples "I HAVE TO HAVE THIS!" post when they haven't even heard it yet. Just goes to show how much of a fan boy item this has become. Good for Fractal though. It's the best way to make a product successful nowadays.

everyone has heard the axe-fx (ultra) though and this can only sound better, so what's not to understand?

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
g66.eu is still at countdown 1, i'm pressing the refresh button every now and then to check if i could actually order the new unit :p

You won't be able to order it for another 1-2 weeks as stated over at the Fractal forums. Don't bother spamming refresh just yet.

Zenerith

Reaction score
You won't be able to order it for another 1-2 weeks as stated over at the Fractal forums. Don't bother spamming refresh just yet.

but i want it NAO! :wallbash: tho to be realistic, i probably have to wait another 2 or 3 months to get mine as they'll probably run out of them the same day they start selling them. With my luck i'll be buying food or at the gym when they release it and it'll be all over and gone when i get back home xD

Dayn

Reaction score
wow its only going to retail for $2199! I was expecting twice as much as an ultra. i wonder whats going to happen to the ultras value? very exciting news.
As an Australian, I am expecting twice as much as an Ultra. Twice the US Ultra price, at least...

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Quite funny, I did a masters dissertation on modelling vacuum tubes about 10-11 years ago, I wonder what he's used to model it, as I remember thhat there was some ludricously heavy mmaths involving orthogonal polynomial approximation that made it feasable :)

Zorkuus

Reaction score
son of a... :wallbash:

Summer's coming. I am completely incapable of saving money during summer. :realmad:

Zenerith

Reaction score
the other thread is saying that if you're in the waitlist for an ultra, you'll automatically receive an axe-fx II O_O if the info isn't genuine and i got my hopes up for nothing, i'm going to kill the guy who opened that thread xD

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
This does look fucking awesome, and it is annoying that, since I only got my Ultra not even 6 months ago, the price isn't all that much more than I had paid.

However my ultra is doing everything I need it to and the Axe FX II doesn't add anything that I need over what the ultra does. I won't be buying the new unit anytime soon, I might upgrade if/when my ultra breaks down, but then again I may just replace it with a then cheaper ultra.

Besides, it doesn't have any sort of colour options, a firewire input, or even a front mounted camera, pah.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
the other thread is saying that if you're in the waitlist for an ultra, you'll automatically receive an axe-fx II O_O if the info isn't genuine and i got my hopes up for nothing, i'm going to kill the guy who opened that thread xD

i can confirm it, i just received the official Email from G66, that ALL pending orders are "upgraded" to the Axe FX II as there is ONLY the "II" available anymore, no more Standard, no more Ultra.

EUR 2.299,-

so 100,- EUR more than previously...

Zenerith

Reaction score
i can confirm it, i just received the official Email from G66, that ALL pending orders are "upgraded" to the Axe FX II as there is ONLY the "II" available anymore, no more Standard, no more Ultra.

EUR 2.299,-

so 100,- EUR more than previously...

and i just emailed them earlier this morning saying that i MIGHT want to switch my ultra order to the axe-fx II :D ohwell..i still want the new unit. I just hope it won't be another xbox 360 which blows up after a month because of cooling problems

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Being into dsp creation myself, I am very very intrigued, the more processes they can get through mean they can calculate even more accuracy of analog components, such as bucket loss from point to point for each analog device/amp

Also I feel bad for ppl that recently got ultras but don't be pissed! You have a great product, plus this happens in every tech area, maybe guitarists aren't use to it since you can buy a bogner head and use it for 20 years but in the tech would you buy a gpu it's replaced in a month and the one you bought is half the price haha. Or if you're into apple you see all the basic consumers yell and scream about new products generally every year, that makes me sort of mad but many sectors I deal with can move 7-12x faster haha

mhickman2

The Abiding Dude
Reaction score
This does indeed suck, but then again, my ultra does more than enough for me. If it weren't for this being released, I wouldn't have even thinked twice about switching to an alternative. Ill just hold onto mine until the axe fx lll comes out.

TimTomTum

Reaction score
Man,... 2300€ is to much for me little student :scream:
So my analogy to make me feel good is: Some of my most favourite albums were made with an ultra unit. The ultra unit has the same amps as the standard unit. The standard unit will drop like hell and I am happy.

Isn´t that great?

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
Man,... 2300€ is to much for me little student :scream:
So my analogy to make me feel good is: Some of my most favourite albums were made with an ultra unit. The ultra unit has the same amps as the standard unit. The standard unit will drop like hell and I am happy.

Isn´t that great?

yes, i don't think they'll get as cheap as two years ago, though.

i payed 900€ for my standard about two years ago before the craze started.

')