Axe FX II - A New Era Begins

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Wood floors my arse! lmao Uhm correct me if i'm wrong, but the last time i looked at the stanard it was $1,499 new... and this guy seriously has $1,699 as his buy it now price and it comes with "plastic over the LCD, maybe" and the power cord.....??? :bsflag:

Selling my Axe Fx Standard in near mint condition. Used in my home studio and works as new. Comes with latest firmware 10.04 and Less then a year old. I don't have the original box anymore but i will ship well protected. Comes with power cord. I believe it still has the protected plastic over the LCD. Sounds incredible, but my wife wants wood floors, so i'm selling a bunch of stuff. Check my other auctions for more cool products...USA Shipping $24....International Express Mail is about $145 and takes about 5-7 days for delivery....International buyer will have to check with me as shipping may be slightly less, and some countries I won't ship to if i can't insure the item for full cost...

Fractal Audio Axe Fx Standard Effects Processor NM | eBay

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
It's funny to read peoples "I HAVE TO HAVE THIS!" post when they haven't even heard it yet. Just goes to show how much of a fan boy item this has become. Good for Fractal though. It's the best way to make a product successful nowadays.

People get like that when a reputed builder/software maker releases something new.

They KNOW it will be good.

And if it's supposedly better than the Ultra (which im guessing you refuse to own) I don't see a prob with the anticipation and exitement!

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
Also, I know it comes out in 2 weeks.... but I'm waiting for Bulb to post a "NEW AXE-FX II DAY" in way less than that :lol:

PS: lol @ the 15 Axe FX Ultras on ebay right now

youshy

Curly-man
Reaction score
I'm hoping he'll move at least one of his Ultras to get a II so I can try it and figure out if it's worth the extra cash to me! :rofl: :D

So maybe somebody will tell him that we're waiting? :D Or.. Bulb, come here, right now!

JMP2203

Reaction score
I love Diezels with all my heart and they're truly my favourite amps, but a VH4 can't nail 1/100 of what the Axe Fx does. To each his own I guess ;)

but some people like to have 2 or 3 great tones more than 83752 that are just ok

i really hope the axe 2 will be closer to a real amp, since the ultra was really not that close imo

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
I'm just gonna wait for axe fx 3, it has a new feature where it records your tracks for you, you just think the notes you want it to play :coffee:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
but some people like to have 2 or 3 great tones more than 83752 that are just ok

And secondly (and even more improtant): It was never the intend of a Diezel to cover the tones of the Axe, but vice versa it was.

Skanky

Reaction score
This is fantastic news for me (new purchase!)!!! Woo hoo!

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to check for availability updates? I want to order this thing the second it's in stock.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
<British Accent>Fuckin' Ell...</British Accent>

Well, looks like my Ultra's going up for sale too, going to have to hope for the best but prepare for the worst price-wise though. :lol:

Look for it in the classifieds on here in a day or two. :yesway:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
One just dropped @ $1550 shipped. Hopefully if someone wants a cheap Ultra before the drop, they grab this:

AXE-FX ULTRA in MINT Condition, guitar amp modeler | eBay

Steve just sent it to me and while I'm tempted I anticipate they're going to drop a bit now that the II is out.

AAAAAND it's gone. Wasn't me either, someone got a good deal (IMO, there's NOTHING wrong with the Ultra regardless of the II coming out). :agreed: I was tempted to grab it but I want to see how the new one does in comparison.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score

Might-is-Right

As a Lion...
Reaction score
I got home about 11pm last night and read this thread. Pulled up my local CL and there were already 3 ads for Axe Fx! This morning another one. It seems there won't be any shortage of the "old" units available.

I don't see myself trying to sell my ultra to get the new version. If I sell it will probably be because my ultra already has way too much stuff on it that I don't use/know how to use.

Not really sure what to make of this. I am curious to see what happens to the resale value of the ultras. How low will the price need to drop for a new buyer to justify buying something "outdated" when for a few hundred bucks more they could have the latest greatest?

I do feel for the guys who just paid basically the same price for the ultra.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I really hope patch files are compatible with the new version. I have around 30 complex patches that I don't want to have to build by hand again.

')