Axe FX II - A New Era Begins

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spattergrind

Reaction score
ADD: the price is high. Probably the most I will spend on something in my life. But I guess its cheap compared to a diezel or other boutique amps, in which it will model...lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
ADD: the price is high. Probably the most I will spend on something in my life. But I guess its cheap compared to a diezel or other boutique amps, in which it will model...lol

As someone who owns a Diezel VH4 and an Axe-FX, the Axe-FX still can't nail a true Diezel VH4 tone.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Very interesting to see the whole Axe FX community pretty much turn on their Ultras while some of us here are dying for a Standard...:)

I feel you, but as much as I love my Ultra....DAMN, this is so exciting.

spattergrind

Reaction score
As someone who owns a Diezel VH4 and an Axe-FX, the Axe-FX still can't nail a true Diezel VH4 tone.

Well obviously, im just really thinking about getting a axefx II.
I just don't want to shell out that much and then be bummed or bored with it later.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
Well obviously, im just really thinking about getting a axefx II.
I just don't want to shell out that much and then be bummed or bored with it later.

Just clarifying really.
No jab at you.

A lot of people also seem to put too much faith in the fact that it's a 'modeller'. Sure, it models other tones. Not 100% accurate, but good enough.
But it's capable of tones that no amp can really touch regardless.

I really just consider it an amp with adjustable preamp circuits.

And if the Axe-FX II can do more then the original, sign me the fuck up.

/end drunken ramblings

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Waiting for the price of a standard to drop sub $1k with this news :D

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score

I love Diezels with all my heart and they're truly my favourite amps, but a VH4 can't nail 1/100 of what the Axe Fx does. To each his own I guess ;)

spattergrind

Reaction score
Just clarifying really.
No jab at you.

A lot of people also seem to put too much faith in the fact that it's a 'modeller'. Sure, it models other tones. Not 100% accurate, but good enough.
But it's capable of tones that no amp can really touch regardless.

I really just consider it an amp with adjustable preamp circuits.

And if the Axe-FX II can do more then the original, sign me the fuck up.

/end drunken ramblings

No dude, thank you I appreciated it. I like getting advice and researching before I buy anything expensive really.
I wish I would have USB connectivity instead of MIDI for patches and updates and well what do you know!

I guess the phrase, "good things come to those who wait" really applies here.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
I love Diezels with all my heart and they're truly my favourite amps, but a VH4 can't nail 1/100 of what the Axe Fx does. To each his own I guess ;)

That's not the point.
The Axe-FX is a modeller and effects processor.
The Diezel is a tube amp.
Two very different things.
After owning this thing for two years, I STILL don't believe it's a replacement for tube amps.

Background story : I use the axe-fx for recording.

No dude, thank you I appreciated it. I like getting advice and researching before I buy anything expensive really.
I wish I would have USB connectivity instead of MIDI for patches and updates and well what do you know!

I guess the phrase, "good things come to those who wait" really applies here.

It's definitely something I'd suggest to anyone.
Not only is it super versatile, but it also teaches you about how a guitar tone works, and how to bring the best out of what you have.

Still use a tube amp live, but it is definitely a must-have.

spattergrind

Reaction score
Good thing ive decided to keep my 5150. Ballsy metal tube tone.
Now to sell my krank.
Both for the II? :ugh: Nah idk.

evilsaint

Reaction score
Dual DSP ? wow~ running with Dual-Core now ... Quad-Core in future ? :hbang:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/products-fas-axe-fx-ii-2.html
Next we rewrote the book on power amp modeling. G2 Amp Modeling™ Technology models the entire power amp
including the phase inverter, power tubes, output transformer, power transformer, choke, filter caps and more.
The results are amazing: warm, yet tight bass, powerful midrange and silky highs.
We even model speaker distortion and voice coil interaction.
In addition, the amplifier block now includes an integrated 8-band graphic equalizer
for additional tone shaping without extra blocks.

GOOD JOB !!!

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
This is probably one of the most discouraging things I've ever seen. I've literally had my Axe FX for like 3 months now..... Fuck man!

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
This is probably one of the most discouraging things I've ever seen. I've literally had my Axe FX for like 3 months now..... Fuck man!

Same here man im pretty bummed. I bought mine in January :(

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Do want muchly...

Now the interesting question will be how much the International Distributors Mark up the cost... particularly here in Australia... It's already $2950 for an Ultra... please Dear Lord don't be much more than that... Then it'd be worth waiting until one of my friends move Overseas and pay them to ship it back...

Or I'll just buy two used Ultras for that price when people start selling them to beat the rapid price drop

carbon

Reaction score
What I'm most stoked about:

"A dedicated 60-second looper block is now included. The Delay and Reverb blocks now feature many improvements including integrated parametric EQ. Chorus, Flanger and Wahwah modeling has been improved and also now includes optional built-in nonlinearity "circuit overdrive" simulations. Graphic Equalizers (including Global) are 10-band. Compressors now use ms values for attack and release times, tempo parameters now offer 64 different rhythmic values, filters operate at up to 24 dB slope, maximum global LFO and sequencer rates upped to 30 Hz, and more!"

"all-new dedicated control port for connecting an MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller via that unit's EXPANSION port"

"provides an almost 10 dB SNR improvement with the same pristine quality"

USB 2.0!!!!

Also, I'm quite curious about the G2 amp modeling, the VVT, and the X/Y switching. Now, who wants to buy my Ultra? Hahaha

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
What I'm most stoked about:

"A dedicated 60-second looper block is now included. The Delay and Reverb blocks now feature many improvements including integrated parametric EQ. Chorus, Flanger and Wahwah modeling has been improved and also now includes optional built-in nonlinearity "circuit overdrive" simulations. Graphic Equalizers (including Global) are 10-band. Compressors now use ms values for attack and release times, tempo parameters now offer 64 different rhythmic values, filters operate at up to 24 dB slope, maximum global LFO and sequencer rates upped to 30 Hz, and more!"

"all-new dedicated control port for connecting an MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller via that unit's EXPANSION port"

"provides an almost 10 dB SNR improvement with the same pristine quality"

USB 2.0!!!!

Also, I'm quite curious about the G2 amp modeling, the VVT, and the X/Y switching. Now, who wants to buy my Ultra? Hahaha

and finally, more IR slots! 64 stock cabs and 50 available slots ;)

EDIT: new Redwirez and Ownhammer impulses are already inside the machine!!!

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
Headphone output, too? Is it the dream machine or what?

Latest posts

')