Axe Fx III High Gain Amp Series: Peavy |EVH 5150s

lewstherin006

Reaction score
I put the mighty 5150s against each other! All I messed with on each amp is the basic tone page in the amp block, everything else was the same all through out. Which 5150 did YOU think should have won?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
My preference is almost the same as yours, but I would switch the Block Letter and 5153 red models in the ranking :2c: then again, I'm very much accustomed to the Block Letter model in my Axe II, so there's probably some bias there.

All around, this was a great comparison :yesway:

lewstherin006

Reaction score
My preference is almost the same as yours, but I would switch the Block Letter and 5153 red models in the ranking :2c: then again, I'm very much accustomed to the Block Letter model in my Axe II, so there's probably some bias there.

All around, this was a great comparison :yesway:

I went with the 5153 red over the block ONLY because it was a tad easier to get a better tone out of the red just using the basic amp block page. Getting a great tone of the block letter takes a little bit of deeper tweaking but yes, it does sound very massive.