Axe-FX Patch Share Thread

Nialzzz

The Perseus Veil
Reaction score
Hi there folks,
This might have been done before, if not, I reckon it should be.

This thread is for shares and requests of Axe-FX patches. This one being specific to the STD/Ultra (being that the Axe-FX II isn't backward compatible).

Patch Title:
STD or Ultra:
Style (i.e. clean, delay, lead, metal):
Brief Desription:

Here's a very quick run through on how to pull your patches down:
Plug the Axe-FX using midi.
Open your Axe-Edit.
Make your source the Axe-FX.
Sync all your banks.
Pull up the patch on Axe-Edit.
Next to the patch title, click "Save-As"
"Export To Preset File"

Here are my custom Ultra patches.

Patch Title: Meshuggly
STD or Ultra: STD/Ultra
Style: Metal/Rhythm
Brief Description: Not really a full "shuggah" tone, more a heavily percussive drive. The gate is up prety high, so it reacts to more "stuttery" playing style (Vildhjarta).

Patch Title: Djent Dual
STD or Ultra: Ultra
Style (i.e. clean, delay, lead, metal): Metal/Rhythm
Brief Desription: Kinda same as above but a lot sharper, it's two rigs running into the one output (easily split if you want to run in stereo or with two guitars) - it's a patch coined from Mr Keith Merrow. Incredible clarity.

Patch Title: Djentlemen
STD or Ultra: STD/Ultra
Style (i.e. clean, delay, lead, metal): SHIT
Brief Desription: My first attempt at making a patch, I thought I'd throw it in there for the banter. It sucks, but it's a bit of fun.

Patch Title: Clean Delay
STD or Ultra: Ultra
Style (i.e. clean, delay, lead, metal): Clean>Lead (based on guitar volume)
Brief Desription: This is a sparkle delay (don't expect Tesseract glassy clean), it has a hint of drive on there so you can play about with the volume knob on your guitar; it's clean and smooth when the guitar output is down lown and thickens up and pushes out more lead delay when you start riding it up.

Patch Title: Shimmer Delay
STD or Ultra: Ultra - STD???
Style (i.e. clean, delay, lead, metal): Slow clean delay
Brief Desription: I love the patches that have the whistles and "spacey" sounds behind them, this is my atempt at that. Please note the tempo it's set to, this kinda has to be played slowly to get full effect of the, well.. effect. ha.

All these patches are set around having the power amp and cab sims ON in the global settings and the gate settings are set differently for each patch.

**How about setting up a community controlled dropbox where we can upload patches accessible by all and post down the links on this forum? I don't know, I think it could be a good idea. ANY MODS AGREE?

Attachments

• Patches.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 832

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
This seems an interesting thread, if people are willing to share.

Plus, let's see what response you'll get.

(I think it might make it as a sticky)

Nialzzz

The Perseus Veil
Reaction score
This seems an interesting thread, if people are willing to share.

Plus, let's see what response you'll get.

(I think it might make it as a sticky)

After spending quite some time on the Fractal forums and searching elsewhere for reference patches I've not found much in terms of patches relevant to metal/rock etc.

There is a huge database of patches for the Line6 hardware, Why not share our patches on this too. We could all benefit from it.

By setting up a dropbox we could have everything sitting as their saved .syx files too. Meaning, we wont have anyone dropping virus' or anything.

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
Damn I'm in. I have some good patches I think, how do I go about finding where they're saved? Sorry for the noobery!

Nialzzz

The Perseus Veil
Reaction score
Damn I'm in. I have some good patches I think, how do I go about finding where they're saved? Sorry for the noobery!

Haha. Not a prob buddy.

Plug the Axe-FX using midi.
Open your Axe-Edit.
Make your source the Axe-FX.
Sync all your banks.
Pull up the patch on Axe-Edit.
Next to the patch title, click "Save-As"
"Export To Preset File"

Sorted!!! :)

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
Thanks. Shit, I've done a TON of diff. high gain patches and a good handful of clean and Bluesy presets. Tomorrow evening, I'm uploading.

This is a GREAT idea. Especially to show people how others are running their signal chains.

Nialzzz

The Perseus Veil
Reaction score
Thanks. Shit, I've done a TON of diff. high gain patches and a good handful of clean and Bluesy presets. Tomorrow evening, I'm uploading.

This is a GREAT idea. Especially to show people how others are running their signal chains.

Sweet. I'm thinking the dropbox or an open database people can add to at some point!

I've tried making a few patches (other than the ones I've put forward), Im a minimalist. Haha. Which, might be the reason I'm never really happy with them. Seeing some signals chains might inspire me to step up my game.

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
Hey Guys. As promised, I've attached my Bank A presets. They are ALL setup to run direct in. Poweramp and cab sims are on.

#0-10 are dual mono, so the same signal that goes into my FRFR goes into FOH via XLR. Almost every gig I've had recently, the sound guy tells me, "What's a TRS cable?" which is why I have to do it this way....Ugh.

#11-89 are mostly presets I've worked on. A mix of heavy distortions with and without mics, as well as a few bluesy crunch and cleans.

#90-101 or so are Dual guitar patches, intended for my other guitarist and I to run simultaneously through my 2 FRFR's AND into FOH, whenever sound guy knows what the F*ck a TRS is.....

The rest are stock....As far as I remember.

Tell me if I need to fix anything!

EDIT: These are for the Ultra...

Attachments

• AXE FX presets - Bank A.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 398

Nialzzz

The Perseus Veil
Reaction score
Cheers for the patches my man. I'll give them a scout when I get back from work. I've been too busy to really pop on the last couple of days.

Let's hope there are others who get in on this!

geofreesun

Reaction score
nice thread~ since the patch lib seems to be having trouble.
i am away from my computer at the moment but i just want to say the best sound i got from my ultra is based on the uberschall patch from ola englund, i particularly dig the smooth tone from the euro uber :)
here is a link:
Metalguitarist.org - Patch Library - Uberschall Ola Englund patch

just max the tone on the OD and adjust the gain to taste and shbammm!

mezkalito

Reaction score
Hi, I have an Axe Fx Ultra since yesterday and I need to know how to load the presets I download from internet

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Hi, I have an Axe Fx Ultra since yesterday and I need to know how to load the presets I download from internet

a Necrobump from forever ago but you do it using axe edit. Download axe edit for the ultra and there will be a spot that says import. Just import the patch and save it where you would like.

hvdh

Reaction score
At first look a nice initiative. BUT after a new FW-update all the patches here the core amp tonez will be totally useless.

flaherz09

Reaction score
This thread could be a great recourse for those who can't afford the II or II XL and can only afford a used Ultra (like myself). I'm gonna delve into these patches and go through a bunch more. If anyone would like to share any Ultra patches they have they have that would be awesome! I will do the same.

etolkien

Reaction score
Hey Guys. As promised, I've attached my Bank A presets. They are ALL setup to run direct in. Poweramp and cab sims are on.

#0-10 are dual mono, so the same signal that goes into my FRFR goes into FOH via XLR. Almost every gig I've had recently, the sound guy tells me, "What's a TRS cable?" which is why I have to do it this way....Ugh.

#11-89 are mostly presets I've worked on. A mix of heavy distortions with and without mics, as well as a few bluesy crunch and cleans.

#90-101 or so are Dual guitar patches, intended for my other guitarist and I to run simultaneously through my 2 FRFR's AND into FOH, whenever sound guy knows what the F*ck a TRS is.....

The rest are stock....As far as I remember.

Tell me if I need to fix anything!

EDIT: These are for the Ultra...

This bank is GOLD, thanks for share man!

')