Axe Fx Standard

• Thread starter Xifter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xifter

Reaction score
****FOR SALE NO TRADES PLEASE****

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Never been gigged or even taken out of my recording room... Fractal Audio AxeFx Standard

Modifications (if any): None

Accessories (hardshell case etc): N/A

Location (City,State or City,Country): Round Rock , Texas

Contact Info (No Phone #s) PM me here

References (eBay or other forum userid): AxePalace Nick

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 1350 obo

Pictures:
MINT condition never been gigged or even taken out of my recording room. PM for pics as I don't know how to post them in a forum >.< I will have to text them to you or e-mail them to you

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

killsteve

Reaction score
Money sent, waiting for axe fx. This guys really cool, and very very easy to work with. So far, I'd give him an A++ or whatever if this was ebay.

Xifter

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words Steve. I am going to the usps office right now. Enjoy the Axe my friend :hbang:

killsteve

Reaction score
Axe FX was damaged in shipping. We're in week 2 of insurance claim pending. Robert and I should be hearing something soon.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
That's terrible. At least it shipped insured. You're gonna have to get really tough with them, I virtually had to give a dude a reacharound just to get my insurance claim to go through.

killsteve

Reaction score
Well, we tried reach arounds and blowjobs, none work successful. USPS denied our insurance claim twice (Normal claim, then appeal), due to the package being "insufficiently packaged". What really looks to have happens is that it was ran over by a forklift, or dropped from pretty high. I don't like things in my ass, and UPSP just wants to shove stuff right up in there.

Anyway, Robert made this right by paying Fractal to repair the Standard for a FRACTION of what it would have cost to buy new. Fractal had to replace everything except for the motherboard.

It came in today, finally after this long battle, and works and looks as if it is brand new.

Moral of the story, dont ship through the United States Post Office.

Xifter

Reaction score
Well, we tried reach arounds and blowjobs, none work successful. USPS denied our insurance claim twice (Normal claim, then appeal), due to the package being "insufficiently packaged". What really looks to have happens is that it was ran over by a forklift, or dropped from pretty high. I don't like things in my ass, and UPSP just wants to shove stuff right up in there.

Anyway, Robert made this right by paying Fractal to repair the Standard for a FRACTION of what it would have cost to buy new. Fractal had to replace everything except for the motherboard.

It came in today, finally after this long battle, and works and looks as if it is brand new.

Moral of the story, dont ship through the United States Post Office.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Never ship through these asshats. They packaged it there with me and somehow, it was "insufficiently packaged"... Get f'n real!

Luckily, it was repairable and Killsteve now has his new toy :)

Reaction score
There should be a sticky at the top of the Marketplace that opens peoples eye's to the reality of shipping ins. The truth is that NO investor would get into the insurance business if they made it a practice to pay all legit claims.

A common misconception is that postal services cover you for damage to your goods. What they neglect to tell you is that they, in most cases, only cover *loss*.......not damage (especially electronics etc.). And even in that case every claim gets denied, legit or not, on the basis that most (90%) claimants just go away. If you stick around they just put you thru a longer process (appeals) until you do. There are exceptions though. Big accounts get paid all the time because the shippers don't want to lose their business. Claims below a certain amount (e.g. $100) often get paid without hassle because it helps keep their "claims paid" numbers up which keeps them looking legit. File a small claim and you'll likely get a base settlement equal to the cost they would have to pay someone to show up to the initial settlement conference.

Also, people should keep in mind that if you're shipping used items, and you actually get to the point of getting paid, you can expect your claim to be pro-rated to apprx. 30% or less than it's original value.......if you can prove it wasn't damaged before you sent it (take pics). If you're shipping something new......better have dated a receipt.

I have heard of people getting paid when using ups' packing service (which is the only way they say they will fully insure the item). I tried it once........they charged me $80 to pack a combo amp, $4 for every $100 in value and shipping on top of that. I'd stop doing business all together if that's the way it has to be!

I could go on, but seriously.......keep your $.......because you're just paying for headaches and false security.

')